Adira laughed, "Is that so?"

"Yeah," confirmed Joshua. "School is good. Our teacher has been giving us more and more homework. We have to read a lot. Jer is better at it then I am though so he has to help me sometimes, but I know almost all of my division tables now! I have been working real hard on them."

"Good job, are Justice and Jedidian awake?"

"No, Momma, they're taking naps right now. Should we wake them up?"

"No, that's fine. I have to go now. I love you guys. I miss you guys a lot too." She whispered. 

"Momma, are you okay?" Questioned Joshua as he took the phone from Jeremiah. "You don't sound too good. Do you feel okay?"

Her heart broke a little but she forced a smile, even though she knew they couldn't see it. "No, Sweetie, I am fine. Just tired and missing you. I miss you guys a lot. I have to go. I'll see you soon. You are going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa for a few more days, okay?"

...

Adira left Makenna in the custody of one of her favorite police men, women actually - Barb Walters. Barb was under direct orders to not let Makenna leave her sight and meet Adira at the station in two hours; Barb was always good at keeping track of Adira's informats when Adira had errands to run. Adira went up to OR three to see Derek and Alex before she left. She put a mask over her face as she entered the OR. Derek looked up first and Alex's eyes followed. "I am going to be gone for two days. Three or four max. Don't come looking." Alex nodded right away, understanding that she had made up her mind already and nothing he could do would make her stay. 

"The kids?" questioned Derek as his eyes searched hers with his hands still in the patient's skull. 

"With Candy. Please, check in with them once or twice."

Derek nodded and turned back to his work, worried that if he looked at Adira any longer words he would regret would spill from his mouth. "Okay," he choked out. "Good luck." Adira turned and started to walk out, "Be careful!" He called over to her, unable to keep the words trapped in his mouth any longer: "I love you!" She shivered and didn't return his goodbye - she never did. When she was going undercover, Adira always shut down. Always. It was easier that way. 

Adira slipped into the police car that was waiting for her in front of the hospital, careful to avoid any sights of Owen. She was driven to the station and brought inside to be debriefed. Sam was the one to debrief her and he looked at her with side eyes. "You are going to go under with Makenna, who has agreed to help us out. The Lost Souls have requested another..ah..shipment. There is said to be a huge party. Your mission is to find the location and attend, we'll take it from there. Kelly will take it from here." He hugged Adira before leaving the briefing room. 

"We need to change your looks. What color do you want to dye your hair? I have blonde, red, a light brown, or we could always just bleach it."

"I've always wondered what I would be like as a redhead, I guess."

"It's an electric red, forewarning," said Kelly as she helped Adira lean back into the bathroom sink so Kelly could do her hair. "Then, I can do your make up for tonight and Makenna brought some clothes for you. What size shoes do you wear?"

"Nine."

"I'll get some shoes."

...

Adira came out of the bathroom looking like a new woman - the only thing that hadn't changed was her tattoos, which were on full display with the outfit that Makenna had brought for Adira. It was a tight, strapless, short red cocktail dress that almost was as bright as Adira's new hair. Kelly gave Adira a folder, "In there is your new identity, life story, job, id, and cash." 

Adira nodded and headed down the hallway. She looked into Sam's office to find him gone. She walked in and closed the door behind her, locking herself in. She opened the folder after a few deeps breaths.

Name: Jezebel Rose Eastwood

Age: 23

Occupation: —

Charges: Multiple accounts of possesion of illegal substances and three counts of illegal prostitution. Two accounts of abuse on file.

Residence: No known residence, within the area. No offical address. Assumed to live under a pimp. No names associated. 

Family: Older brother, in college. Younger sister, foster care in upper Washington. 

Adira finished reading over the rest of the file before pushing the wad of cash into her high heeled boot and the fake id on the other side. She slipped the cellphone into the side of her other boot before standing up. The door opened and Sam stood in front of her. He looked her up and down. "Adira," he breathed. She walked past him and he grabbed her wrist before she got too far away. "Get in and out. Remember what you went under for. Remember that. Don't lose sight of that."

Adira walked out the front door to find Makenna waiting in a similar skimpy outfit. Makenna looked her up and down twice before deciding that Adira was worthy. "And, your name is?" Prompted Makenna. 

"Jezebel. Jezebel Eastwood."

"Suits you, Temptress. Follow me."

A/N: if you did not get the Sam and Andy reference, it is to Rookie Blue (Therefore, I do not own either of those two characters. This will more than likely be one of the last times you see them - they serve only as minor characters to get Adira from one place to another.)