00: Prologue

They glanced at each other. Their eyes said everything. This was it. The end of Year 8. Year 9 would be the year that they'd finally make a stand. They'd finally search. They'd finally make a difference.

Eleanor, Scienna, Emma, Melanie, Martin and Andrew.

Six teenagers, seeking an answer to why they were born. It was a finally assembly at their private school. Their final assembly as Grade 8's altogether. Eleanor smirked at Scienna, who passed the smirk down the line. Until Andrew. He nodded and his smirk grew into a grin. One year closer to the end of school, he knew they were thinking. It was obvious, Scienna and El always thought that at every end of year assembly. It was called for.

Eleanor would become a teacher.

Scienna, a marine biologist. Easy as that.

Emma dropped her smirk as another familiar name rung out. It was in the list of people moving school's. She knew, and only her, why this person was moved. She was expelled, really. "Debby Grey." She swallowed. Ah, poor Debby. It wasn't even her fault. It was a mistake.

Melanie was almost bouncing in joy, but she knew their home group teacher, Miss Fray, would not have enjoyed that. Every teacher in the school knew about their little group, a clique, some called it. But a clique doesn't let others come in and enjoy themselves with their small group. But this group of fourteen - almost - fifteen year olds always had new people coming to sit with them. Ranging from Sebastian to Mikaela. It was no big deal. They were used to it.

"I hope you enjoy your holidays - I hope you come back with lots of energy!"

"Hell yeah," Eleanor muttered, making Scienna beside her giggle. "Time to make a difference in this crappy world, eh, guys?"