Patrick's Property

Classes went by fast and as I walked out of the school, Mr. Fox was sitting on a bench outside, holding his briefcase. He saw me and waved me over happily. "Sofia before you leave to go home I was hoping to ask for your permission to put your painting into an art show!" He exclaimed with a big bright smile. "Uh yeah that would be great thank you!" I said as I started to get excited. Then I saw Mr. Fox look over at something and his smile faded. I turned to see Patrick walking out of the school with Henry. I looked back at Mr. Fox who was still staring at Patrick with pure disgust. "Hey.. you know, he's really not that bad once you get to know him." I said, giving Mr.Fox a friendly smile. He stood up from the bench and straightened his tie. "He's trouble is what he is. Well anyway, have a good rest of your day." He said and walked off. He and Patrick passed each other and it was almost like a stand off. When Patrick and Henry got to me, Henry stopped and looked around. "Hey where's Jane?" He asked me. Come to think of it I hadn't seen Jane in awhile. "She's probably out sick. You could probably go visit her at her house I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I said before looking back at Patrick who was staring down at me in a very unsettling way. Just then, Vic came sprinting over with belch and one by one they each gave Patrick a smack on the head and ran away laughing. Henry immediately started roaring with laughter and Patrick just took a deep breath. Then he turned around and simply walked after them. Like Michael Myers I guess he saw no point in running, we all knew he'd catch them. Henry and I stood their laughing for a minute. Then he asked me if I wanted to walk with him to Jane's and I politely agreed. "So I think you should know something." Henry said, breaking the silence as we walked down the sidewalk. "Okay, what's that?" I asked looking over at him. "Mr. Fox has a thing for you. Now, I don't know much about that and I also really don't give a fuck about that. Patrick on the other hand, I do give somewhat of a fuck for. We've known each other for a long time and he doesn't pick people easily, if ever. So the fact that he's been giving you so much attention is practically unheard of. Meaning you're special to him." He said giving me a weird wink. "Ha. Yeah he has a funny way of showing it." I said staring ahead. "Listen. Patrick has a funny way of showing any type emotion in general. He rarely does it honestly. But he means well.. I think.. Hopefully for your sake." He said and started to laugh. I looked at him quickly and stopped. "Wait what does that mean?" I asked with a concerned look. "Don't worry. He's just overprotective is all I meant by that. It's not you, you should be worried about, it's that Mr. Fox that should be scared." He said motioning back towards the school. "Patrick has plans for him inside his twisted head. Just you wait sweetheart. Patrick always has a plan for anyone who messes with his property." He said with a chuckle before motioning for me to keep walking. As I walked I couldn't help glancing back at the school. What did Patrick have planned..?
_______

I knocked on the door and Jane's dad opened it and gave me a smile. "Well hey there Sofie! Cmon in!" He said and held the door for us. Henry and I stepped inside and saw Jane sitting under a blanket on the couch. I was right, sure enough she was sick. Henry walked in the living room while I walked in with her dad. "Hey Jane how are you feeling?" I asked giving her a sympathetic smile. "Oh much better now that you guys are here to see me!" She said with a big excited smile. "You two can stay and visit for a few minutes but then I'm afraid you'll have to leave. Jane's going to need some rest." Her dad said before disappearing into the kitchen. "Soph I know that you literally just got here.. but would you mind giving Henry and I some alone time..?" Jane asked giving me a look. I understood and smiled at her. "Yeah I actually have to go anyway, but call me tonight please!" I said and gave her a hug before walking out of her front door. Patrick, Vic and belch we're waiting outside for Henry on the sidewalk and Vic and belch looked all banged up. I walked down the steps and leaned against Jane's fence. I looked at them and laughed, "so I'm guessing he caught you huh?" I asked and gave them a smirk.
They both looked up nodding and rolling their eyes. Then they laughed too. I looked Patrick up and down. He was leaning up against a lamppost on the other side of the sidewalk with his hands in his pockets. "I always catch em." He said looking proud of himself. Then he pulled out a cigarette and just let it sit in his mouth. I started to walk in the opposite direction of my house and turned to face him, walking backwards. "Yeah Patrick. You do always catch em." I said winking at him before turning back around. "Hey your house is the other way!" He called from behind me. "I know. I'm not going home." I yelled over my shoulder and crossed the street. I glanced back at him and smiled. He just gave me a questioning stare back. If he was going to be all mysterious and closed off all the time, always trying to play with my head, I was going to do the same thing to him.

 If he was going to be all mysterious and closed off all the time, always trying to play with my head, I was going to do the same thing to him