"You want to tell me how you're alive?" Hayley asked.

"The same way you are," Stiles replied.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Hayley said.

"Oh, so you don't remember ripping the finger off of a vampire's finger, then running outside, and burning in the sun," Stiles asked.

Hayley's eyes widened,"How do you know about that?"

"I saw it," Stiles said,"Be what we are long enough and you pick up a thing or two. Like witnessing when somebody dies, twice."

"What are we?" Hayley asked,"I'm not a vampire anymore, or even a werewolf."

Stiles tilted his head down and his brown eyes turned to a bright orange,"Hellhounds. Souls chosen to host spirits that hunt those that try to expose our secrets. Guardians of all supernatural beings, Harbingers of Death, Nature's first made immortals. There's a lot of names."

"My daughter," Hayley said, her eyes widening and she stood about to walk right out of the hospital,"I have to see her, I need to know she's okay."

Stiles blocked her way,"She's fine, if she was dead you would know."

"Get. Out. Of. My. Way," Hayley growled her eyes flashing orange.

"It's been two years, Hayley," Stiles told her,"Two years since you died."

Hayley froze,"What?" She said, two years since she had died, two years since she had seen her daughter. Two years of her daughter thinking she was dead,"Where have I been for two years?"

"That... might be easier just to show you," Stiles said, and he put a hand on the side of her face, and she gasped as a memory filled her mind.

It looked like a void at first, an empty nothingness that seemed to go on forever, then a spark of hellfire ignited around Hayley, but instead of hurting her it was like a comfort.

It didn't speak words but she understood what it was doing, she spread her arms, embracing the hellfire.

Her finger nails become long black claws, her eyes start to glow, and when she opens her mouth it reveals fangs

Her finger nails become long black claws, her eyes start to glow, and when she opens her mouth it reveals fangs. Not like the ones she had when she was a hybrid, they were long and deadly, able to do more than drain someone of their blood.

Stiles pulled his hand away and caught Hayley when she stumbled when she was pulled out of the memory.

"What... was that?" Hayley asked as Stiles helped her sit on the bed.

"The Wild Hunt," Stiles said,"I only spent an hour there when I was made. Two years is a lot longer than that."

"Made?" Hayley repeated in confusion, still trying to get her bearings.

"That's how it works for us, we're not turned, or bitten," Stiles said,"Our old bodies couldn't handle the power so they are literally remade into what we are now. Every bone, every cell, every atom is ripped apart and remade into what we are now. Hellhounds."