25. Follow my lead

Ryanne's POV

   "We need to find out which room number he's staying in and grab a set of keys," Loki points out. We stand near the front desk but at a distance trying to think. 

   "Okay I think I got it. Hold my drink," I walk with confidence over to the lady. "Hello, good morning. My name is Betty Ross and I seem to have forgotten all of my things in my father's room. He told me I should grab a copy of the key from the front desk just so I have it with me."

   "Yes, and who is your father?" she raises an eyebrow. 

   "Thaddeus Ross."

   "I'm gonna have to see some ID."

   "I told you I forgot all my things in the room," I flash a fake smile. I'm starting to lose it over here. I definitely do not got it. 

   "Betty did you get your copy?" Ross walks over to me, or should I say Loki. Yes this plan is much better, how did I not think of it?

   "No, she says I need my ID," I gesture to the lady. 

   "Mr. Secretary," she's stunned. I'm so sorry. There's no need," she hands me a card and smiles nervously. 

   "Thank you so much," I say genuinely. I quickly look at the number on the car, 304. He puts his arms around my shoulders as we walk away. We giggle quietly all the way to the elevator. He shakes his body and appears in his normal form. I punch the number 3 in and then his shoulder.

   "Hey," he looks at me confused. 

   "Why did you let me embarrass myself when you could've done that from the beginning?"

   "You said you got it. And I just had to watch you humiliate yourself." 

   I sigh and shake my head. The door opens and the room number is right by the elevator. "Do you think he's still in there?" I say. He shrugs his shoulders in response. I turn on the I pad to check the time, 11:51. "So what do we do? Do we just go in? What if he's in there?"

   "Then we kill the bastard."

   "Enough with you and the threats. We are not killing anyone." The door right by me opens revealing him which startles me. Loki acts fast and quickly pushes me against the wall to kiss me. I don't know what is happening but I place my hand on his cheek going along. As soon as Ross gets in the elevator and it closes, Loki slowly pulls back looking me in my now blue eyes. "What was that?" I say in a low voice. 

   "Couples kissing in public make people uncomfortable."

   "Oh so we're a couple now," I smirk. 

   "I said no such thing," he pauses to think back on it. "You kissed me back," he grins. 

   "I-." He laughs. "Shut up," I start to laugh with him. "I was just going along with your little scheme."

   "Oh yea?" he teases. 

   "Yea," I say confidently as I slide the card to open the door. Loki closes the door after himself and we take a second to breathe. 

   "So what exactly does he want us looking for?"

   "I don't know let me ask," I push the small button on the mic in my ear. "Tony, we're in his room. Now what?"

   "That's good. Look around for his computer. Do you see it?"

   Loki points to a device on a desk. "Yes I think we have it." Loki opens the laptop for a passcode to appear on the screen. "There's a password needed," I let out. He curses under his breath.