22. No way

Loki POV 

   "Thank you again Tony for restoring the mind stone in me but I think it's time for me and Wanda to be on our way."

   "No problem. Wanda, we good?" Tony raises his brows. She nods her head and smiles. "Alright then, it was good seeing you."

   After they leave, Tony looks at me, Thor, and Ryanne and sighs. "I'm guessing you guys aren't planning to leave anytime soon."

   "Are you bored of us already?" Ryanne sounds amused. 

   "He does not mean it," Thor laughs nervously. "Do you?" he turns to Tony with a more serious tone. 

   "Well this is the avengers facility, so you're welcomed to stay," he pauses and looks at me and Ryanne.

   "Loki!" Thor shoots up. "Why don't you become an avenger."

   "I beg your pardon."

   "It will only be for when we are on Earth. Think of it as gaining everyone's favor for what you did in New York."

   "I don't think so," I laugh. 

   "I'm gonna have to start charging you then," Tony crosses his arms. "This isn't a free resort buddy."

   I look at both Tony and Thor and laugh. "Please, you can't be serious."

   "Red Hots, what about you? You wanna join?"

   "What is the Avengers? Is it like a cult?"

   I get taken back. Since when did Tony start calling her by that name? "Yes it is Ryanne. Don't trust a single thing coming from any one of them."

   "Ooo, interesting," she shimmies her shoulders. "Do I have to do some sort of ritual with a blood bond to confirm my status?"

   "You seriously want to become an Avenger?" Tony asked the question everyone was thinking. 

   "Why not? Maybe the phoenix will see to it that I'm worthy of it's powers and grant them to me."

   "Alright then. Ryanne," he walks over to her and slowly taps his hand lightly on her left shoulder and then her right. "With that being said, I hereby declare that you are an Avenger." She smiles awkwardly. "It comes with all the benefits too. We can have a suit made out for you and anything you want."

   "This is ridiculous," I let out. I look at each one of them and sigh before storming off. 

~~~

   Sometimes, when I'm thinking of my mother, I try to relax and contact her. I feel her energy but for the most part, I've never successfully reached her. It's like I'm missing something or I'm doing it all wrong. 

   Ryanne barges in my room and sees me in my vulnerable state. "Loki, how do I look?" I open my eyes and see her standing by the door. She does a 360 spin and smiles. It looks like she got her armor. It's covered in a combination of black and red leather with patches along the sides of her trousers. She wears black boots and included the sword behind her back with the look. "They had it made for me just now."

   "Looks great," I say not in the mood to speak. 

   "What are you doing?"

   "Nothing," I get up from the floor and look at her suit again. "Where did you get that sword? I remember you having it on Thanos' ship but you left Asgard empty handed."

   She takes the sword out to admire it and swallows hard. "Alessia actually gave it to me. She said no one in her village were fighters and she had come back with it from one of her trips."

   I squint my eyes at the weapon. "Could I?" I gesture to holding it. She nods her head. I look at it from an angle and get taken back. "I've never seen this kind of metal before."

   "She said it was rare. Vibranium is what she called it."

   "Vibranium? I think I've heard Heimdall speak to my father about it once. It comes from the most technologically advanced place on Midgard. The matter was dropped because they decided to isolate themselves so they weren't a threat."

   "Didn't know I asked for a history lesson," she mocks. I look at the beautiful sharp blade and its intricate details. I smile and bring the sword up to her neck. She doesn't flinch. I chuckle and give her back her toy. 

   "Uru metal is far more superior." She slides it back in it's sleeve and rolls her eyes. "So are you really one of them? Are you truly an Avenger?"

   "I mean it got me this cool suit so yea. And oh, they also gave this mic too," she points to her ear. "What do you have against them?" she laughs. 

   "They say they fight for the good of the world. I got to digging on the Sokovia issue that Thor was talking about only to find that the place was destroyed. Guess who the main root of that problem was." She stays silent waiting for me to finish. "None other than the man himself."

   "Didn't you destroy New York?" she crosses her arms. 

   "That's different."

   "Right. His was on accident and yours wasn't," she bites her lip. 

   "I-," I let out a sigh. "Maybe him and I are not so different." 

   She looks at me confused. "But you hate Tony." The realization hits her. "Why?" she attempts to come closer. 

   "I don't know. It's always having to prove myself to everyone I guess."

   "You shouldn't have to feel that way about yourself."

   "Well what do you want me to do about it?" I say frustrated. 

   "First of all, don't yell at me and second of all, accept that you're not perfect. No one is. People tell themselves that what they're doing is right but if it takes you a long time to convince yourself then it's probably wrong. Now let me ask you this. Do you want to be good?"

   I can't believe I'm having this conversation right now. I shake my head. "Yes," I shrug my shoulders. 

   "And what do you do about it?" I stay silent. "If what you did in New York is holding you back, don't let it. Everyone in the Avengers has done things in their past that they're trying to make up for."

   "Is that why you joined? For what you did on Asgard?" She takes a gulp and I laugh in disbelief. 

   "This is useless," she starts her way towards the door.

   "No no, go on, finish. What were you about to say?" the smile stays on my face. She turns around and sighs slowly walking back. 

   "I was just going to say that if you want to be good, start by doing good things. Simple as that. Being an Avenger is my start. It could be yours too," she brings in her lips and raises her brows. 

   "Was that it?" I was expecting a whole list. 

   "Yea," she licks her lips. 

   "Alright I'll think about it."

   She pats my shoulder and heads out leaving me with my thoughts. 

   I'm shocked. If anyone could convince me to join the Avengers it was her, as horrible as that idea sounds. I think she could convince me to do just about anything she wanted.