19. Secrets

I wake up, stretch my body, and see Ryanne laying beside me. My eyes are wide but a small smile creeps in. I place my hand on her bare shoulder to try and wake her up.

"Loki?" she says with a raspy voice. She then places her hand on her head in pain. "My head. What happened last night?"

My eyes grow wide as I quickly remember her irresponsibly drinking the drink Tony gave her. "I can explain," I was cut off by her hysterically laughing. "What?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Your face," she continues to laugh. "Don't worry Odinson," she leans in, her lips only inches from mine. "I remember everything," she says with a smile and low voice.

I begin to laugh nervously along with her. She is a sick woman. She pulls the bed sheets off of her and gets up. I eye her body up and down as she walks over to pick up her undergarments, dress, and heels. I stay in bed and just watch her. While holding her heels she looks back before leaving and gives me a wink and smirk. She opens the door and walks out.

I shake my head in disbelief and laugh to myself. With magic, I quickly dress myself then get on my feet. Ryanne quickly rushes in and shuts the door.

"We're not in the Avengers Compound," she states the obvious. "I thought we were at the compound until I saw the hosts of last nights party in the living room and so I quickly turned around."

"Did they see you?" She shakes her head and laughs. "We shouldn't have stayed the night."

"No but we did because we were so exhausted from all the fun," she tugs on my suit and bites her lip.

"Thor's probably wondering where we are."

"Loki, I'm hungry," she gives me puppy dog eyes.

"No. We need to go now."

"I thought they rewarded good girls."

My eyes are wide but I can't help let out a chuckle. "Okay fine," I shake my head. "We'll go out to eat." I grab her hand and teleport us onto the streets of New York. We keep walking until we come across a place that makes breakfast. "After you," I open the door for m'lady. They sit us down and we wait to order. I watch as she scans the menus for what looks good. "So what is this?" I ask. She looks up from the menu. "What's happening?"

"Nothing's happening," she returns back to the selections.

"What do you mean?"

She closes the pamphlet and looks in my eyes. "Nothing has to change Loki. We can just be friends."

"We weren't friends before," I pull my head back and smile.

"We were a little bit," she squints her eyes.

"Then why did you pull that last night."

She rolls her eyes. "Don't stress yourself about it. I just wanted to have some fun is all."

"Fun? That's all you were looking for?"

She raises her eyebrows and nods her head. I swallow hard before the waitress comes with a notepad.

"Can I take your orders?"

I clear my throat before speaking. "I would just like waffles and seasoned potatoes."

"Anything to drink with that?"

"Coffee, please."

"Alright, and you?" she turns to Ryanne.

"Scrambled eggs and toast with fruit. And water will be fine."

"Alrighty. I'll have that out for you in just a moment."