23|| Secrets and Lies

"Sit" I demanded as I took a seat on his chair

"Sit" I demanded as I took a seat on his chair. He sat opposite me and I held one of his pen in between my fingers.

"You want to tell me why you lied?" he questioned and we held eye contact. I didn't dare break it.

"You would of killed her instantly" I responded and he shrugged his shoulders.

"She means a lot to you" he said and I pulled my eyebrows together in confusion.

"And?" I asked.

"Hurting her would hurt you" he explained.

"I don't think that would matter to you" I said and he clenched his jaw.

What is up with him? He's acting weird.

"Is that how low you think of me?" he questioned and I shook my head.

"I never said that" I defended.

"Why is Viper after you?" he asked and I took a deep breath in.

"I killed his wife" I whispered and he stared at me. "What?" he questioned.

"I stabbed his wife in an abandoned alleyway" I further explained and he remained silent.

"I was twelve" I said and he still didn't say anything. Why wasn't he saying anything?

"Why?" he asked.

"She came to my house, she came to kill me" I explained. The entire story was messed up. My past was messed up.

Everything that happened was coming back to haunt me and the only thing I could think about was to run.

I wanted to run but you can only run for so long. Eventually I was going to have to face this and I was terrified. Terrified that I couldn't face him.

He promised me that he would find me. He was going to find me. He found me once, and almost shot me. Who knows how far he would go to kill me.

"So you ran from her?" he asked and I nodded my head. "It was the only option" I answered.

It was my only option. I ran. Ran as fast as I could. But she still caught me. She got me so I stabbed her. What else was I suppose to do.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked. "I didn't see the need to" I responded and he clenched his jaw again.

"My sisters life is at risk Avery!" he shouted suddenly slamming his hands on the desk. I flinched at the sound dropping the pen on the desk.

"I had no idea what was going on when I came here" I said and he laughed with no humor.

"You killed his wife and you are staying in my house, my sister could die because of this" he reasoned and I knew what he was saying was true but if I had known that Viper was after me I would not of stayed.