7|| Plips Gas Station

Pushing open the glass door I pointed both my index, one to my left and the other to my right signaling Kina and Louis to go on one side and Matteo and Alya to go on the other

"Java guard the door" I ordered and he nodded his head standing by the door. I took long strides to the cash regiester and dinged the bell that sat on the table.

A few seconds later Philip came out wiping his hand with a cloth. He set it down and walked behind the counter keeping a short distance between us.

"Philip" I greeted.

"Ace my boy what can I do for you?" he questioned his voice coming out hoarse. Around his neck was bruised with the print of a hand. I clenched my jaw and looked up from his neck. My eyes roamed his hands and I saw black and blue bruises scattered along his forearm.

"Viper came in didn't he?" I questioned. I didn't need an answer from him but I needed him to confirm that it was Viper who did that to him. Philip was not to old. He's only sixty-three. What insane man would think it's a good idea hurt an innocent man.

"Yes along with a young woman" he added and I nodded my head.

"Her name is Clay" I told him and he raised his chin and then dropped it. His knuckles were busted open and I knew he had fought back. What I didn't know is why he didn't call me.

"What'd he want?" I asked and he sighed taking a seat on the high stool. I turned to see Matteo holding a bag of chips waving it at Philip. Philip smiled at him nodding his head letting him know he can eat it. Matteo grinned ripping the bag open and I turned away from him, preventing myself from shooting him in the balls.

"He's looking for you Ace" he said lowly barely above a whisper like he was scared of someone seeing- someone hearing.

"Clay tell me what you noticed about her" I demanded. The bruises on his skin affected me and I tried my best to look past it. The shirt he wore covered his neck but the bruise was still quite visible.

"She walked in confident with her chin up" he started and he stared at the counter like he was re living the memory in his head.

"But when he spoke she looked scared of him, she flinched each time his voice raised" he recalled.

"What did they do when they came in?" I questioned. I was asking way to many questions but I needed answers.

"They just looked around grabbed a couple snacks and then he attacked me and interrogated me" he explained and his hand massaged the bruise left on his neck.

"He asked me where you were and I didn't tell him" he stated and relief flooded my heart. I didn't care if Viper came after me in my house but knowing that Lilly was there too terrified me.

I would kill myself before I let anyone lay a finger on my sister.

"He did that too you?" I asked motioning to the bruises and he nodded his head.