chapter 6

Hunter Black
I sat at the round table conference, speaking to the other alphas as to why they should remain allies with me, when I got a message from my beta
"Wolf hunter locked and tortured" He said and I smiled. My beta knew how to torture the criminals very well. On my way here told him that he could torture her as long as she was alive till I came back I was personally going to kill her. Also I warned him that he was not to kiss her or anything like the history he had.
A few hours later I was just returning back to the pack when I felt that something not so great was waiting for me. I had a gut feeling that today everything was going to go down  in flames and that my future was going to be at stake. I finally arrived to the pack house and was greeted by my beta.
"Alpha, how was the meeting? " He asked.
"Great! We have some new allies now and new enemies" I said as I sat down on the plush cushion.
"The prisoner is in   the celler . I had fun kissing and torturing her" He said and I nodded. I ignored the fact he kissed her as I was tired... I was going to deal with that later.
"Glad you had fun. " I said as I closed my eyes. I was tired and for some reason restless as well. I had a feeling that my mate was in trouble and needed saving. I got up and went out of the house again
"Alpha, where are you going, you need to rest. It's early morning right now and you must be tired" Said my omega
"I need to check on someone" I said
"Who? " Asked my beta.
"Your luna" I said
"You found her? " Asked my omega and I nodded
"How is she? " Asked my beta
"Beautiful and before you ask she is human. So be patient" I said and they nodded. I got into my car and drove  to her place. I walked in through the gates and saw the door wide open and traces of blood. My heart began to race. I ran inside.
"Elizabeth, Elizabeth,... Hello... Anyone home..... Are you alright? " I screamed as I searched the house only to find her missing. Shit!

I ran back to my house.
"Boys, your luna is missing, this is her scent, scramble and look for her" I screamed holding one of her tops up. As we all began to shift I saw my beta's eyes widen
"What happened? Shift and find your Luna" I growled
"I think I know where she is alpha" He said.
"Where? " I barked. I was becoming impatient, I needed to know that she was safe... Seeing her blood scattered in the house was worrying me sick.
"Alpha, remember we found the hunter" He said and I nodded. This was not the time to bring in that damn hunter
"Luna is the hunter" He said in one breath. I was shocked, utterly shocked, my mate was a wolf hunter and had been tortured and kissed by my beta. Not thinking rationally I grabbed his head and snapped his neck, killing him then and there.
" Take me to the celler" I barked to my gamma, now beta
He nodded ams quickly grabbed the keys and led me to the celler. I ran inside to the furthest cell, the one in which I knew she was being held captive.
"Alpha it's her" Said the gaurd. I ignored him and went inside the celler and saw the most horrific site. My mate was covered in chains, cuts and bruises and was barely conscious. She looked up and whispered one thing before falling limp
"You"
I quickly freed her from the chains and carried her back upstairs. She was so very weak and hurt.
"Call the pack doctor, now and tell him to prepare my room as a hospital one" I said to my new beta, Ethan and he nodded.
I was thinking of easing my girl into this world but instead fate had other plans. My mate was a wolf hunter and I know she must have been having some reason which turned her so bitter towards us. I refuse to think that she was a hunter by birth and enjoyed killing us. There must be a missing piece of her life connected to her side proffession.Maybe a horrific past or maybe a horrific encouter. She was too innocent to be a wolfslayer since birth. This is definitely not what I thought looking for a mate would be like and was definitely not how I planned to crack the news to her.
As I laid her down on the bed and watched the doctor fix her, I couldn't help it but blame myself, i was the one who ordered my pack to torture the hunter, if only I had told them not to do so, I could have easily talked her out of the hunting part and convince her that we were not bad.
I looked at her limp form, slightly illuminated by the faint moonlight from my window. She had lost a lot of blood through all the cuts.
"How did Daniel torture her" I asked my omega who had accompanied him to the celler. I needed to know everything A to Z.
He told me how he slapped, cut and squeezed lemons on her open wounds and forcefully kissed and fed  her. How he mentally and verbally also tortured her and how even when she was unconscious he kissed her and touched her here and there. That was enough to make me want to kill him all over again. Torturing was one thing but sexually assaulting her was another. He deserved a much more painful death than the one I gave him.
I knelt down on the floor and held one of her hands.
"I am so sorry my love" I whispered
"This is all my fault, I should have protected you, not have you tortured like this" I said as tears began flowing through my eyes.
I gently stroked the hair out of her face and regularly checked the temperature.

Today  was the third day ofnher being limp in my bed and she was still unconscious. I was beginning to panic
"She may slip into coma if this continues" Doctor said and gave me a gentle pat in the shoulder.
"Come on love don't leave me like this, we still have an entire novel to write, a life to spend. We barely even know each other. " I whispered as I took my place, kneeling next to her.
As if some miracle had happened 6 hours later her finger began to move and I became alert
"Elizabeth" I said softly as I watched her eyes open and then sharply close in an attempt to block the light. I dimmned the light for her, A few moments later her eyes we're open and she was staring at me
"You're a werewolf" She said