INTRODUCTION

Hello guys... so here I am gonna introduce you to the plot of the story so that anyone can read this story as a standalone.

So, this story was actually aired On a TV Show on Sony TV from 29 February 2016 to 7 October 2016, entitled as:-
"EK DUJE KE VAASTE"

It is the tale of two childhood best friends- Shravan Malhotra and Suman Tiwari- who were estranged since the last 10 years due to some misunderstandings.

Shravan had went to London to complete his higher studies as his mother had left both him and his father for her boss. This had led to the point upto where, he started hating the women race itself.

Presently, the show opens up with Suman being shown as a chef cum business woman who run her own tiffin center:- PCT (PRIYA TIFFIN CENTER). She shows up herself to be a very strict boss, but in reality, she is the sweetest girl, you will ever meet with stints of naughtiness in her.

Well she is an Orphan whose parents died, when she was 6 years old and since then she is staying with her maternal family, where her Nanu loves her the most. Other members of the family love her too, but it's more like courtesy.

Suman comes from a close-knit family and has been brought up by her grandfather as a strong, independent, and self-respecting girl after her parents died in an accident. Shravan is a Malhotra, an elite family of two brothers-Ramnath and Lala Ji, and their wives and sons-Shravan, Varun, and Pushkar. Suman's grandfather was a mentor to Shravan's father, Ramnath, and the two share a strong bond.

He returns ten years later, and Suman discovers he has changed. She apologises to him for not being there for him, when his mother left him and he needed her the most, but he rejects her.  His chachi, Kamini Malhotra wants him to go back to London as she wants Ramnath to transfer all the property to her sons. And thus wants him to be married off with Urvashi who would take him back to London.

At a school reunion, he insults Suman, with the help of the girl Urvashi Singh, who was also a prospective bride for him. He laters breaks off with Urvashi in a holi party stating that she is a gold digger. After this Shravan and Suman part their ways until Suman's house is in danger of being sold to a man named Ravinder Khosla.

Shravan fights the court case and wins by proving Khosla a fraud. During the investigation, both of them visit Suman's childhood house, where she stayed with her parents and Shravan sees a side of her personality, which makes him realize that she is craving for love and companionship. He starts understanding her and the two rekindle their friendship when Suman gives credit to him for balancing out both his professional and personal life by defeating Khosla when he tries to use Varun, to whom he was a client as well, for preventing Shravan from fighting the case. Due to this there is disagreement in Malhotra family family as well, but Suman tricks Khosla and credits this to Shravan. During the case they meet the opposition lawyer, Satyarthi Verma, who lusted over Suman, but Shravan taught him a nice lesson too. Sumo tries to know from Shravan whether he loves her just as she does, when she realizes that he actually loved her 10 years ago, through a letter he had written years ago but gave her because of their fight. But now Shravan friendzones her. Shravan decides to return back to London, when he discovers his Chachi's intentions and her hatred towards him. He doesn't want to break his family and thus was almost about to fly off when he comes to know that the plane carrying his father crashed. But sometime later it turns out that Ramnath never boarded the flight as he could just go without meeting his son. Realizing the fact that he can't stay away from his father anymore as there is no guarantee of life, he cancels his return and takes up his father's firm which irks his chachi.

Suman tries to reunite Shravan with his mother, but he believes his father's side of the story. Kamini sees this event as an opportunity to drive a wedge between the father- son duo, and thus informs Ramnath. A possessive Ramnath becomes upset with Suman and successfully drives a wedge between Shravan and her by making him fight a case against PCT.

After PCT shuts down, Suman is permitted by her Mamiji to start it from Tiwari Killa. Though Shravan tries to give her back PCT but she refuses to take a favour from him, as she doesn't want to compromise on her self respect and this irk him. One fine day, she meets with an accident in front of Shravan which leaves her impared. Shravan takes it on himself to cure her as he could prevent the accident due to his ego, and he is successful at it. Soon they resolve their differences as Shravn realizes his love for her.

Suman's cousin Preeti falls in love with Pushkar, and they are able to convince their reluctant families to accept the union with Shravan and Suman's intervention. Ramnath takes advantage of the situation and makes Sumo promise to stay away from Shravan. Though she agrees, she stays firm on the fact that if Shravan approaches her, she won't back out.

Then there is entry of Aditya Ahuja, who is smitten by Sumo. And this makes Shravan jealous. Suman's grandfather suffers a heart attack and makes Suman promise him that she will marry Aditya. It is later revealed that Aditya is Shravan's foster brother who was brought up by Shravan's mother. He becomes suspicious of Suman and Shravan's relationship after being incited by Shravan's aunt Kamini. And later Aditya looses his calm when on his Bachelor's Party Shravan tells him that he and Suman have done the deeds that a Husbsnd and wife do.

("Hum dono ne apni dooriya iss Qadar mita di ki saat janamon ke wachan lene wale bhi kya mitate. Humare beech woh sab kuch hua jo ek ladka ladke ke bich hota hai, do pyar karne walon ke beech hota hai, ek husband- wife ke beech hota hai")

-Shravan's lines to Aditya....

Following this instance, Aditya misbehaves with Suman, and their wedding is called off. Sensing Suman's grandfather's condition, Shravan marries Suman and that too a court marriage with Preeti and Pushkar as the witnesses from both sides. And after getting married, he left her there and went away only to be kidnapped by Aditya who got furious upon knowing about ShraMan Marriage.

Both got into a fight, which was interrupted by Nirmala. After Sumo was welcomed in MM, Shravan drowns himself into alcohol and imagines teenage Sumo trying to put some sense into his brain and ask forgiveness from Sumo. But that never happened as both slept off.

Next morning he wakes up only to find Sumo missing.

************************************
So yeah, here it is, the back story behind the fiction posted here after. The readers who don't know what is the story can read it here and then continue reading the prologue and then the first chapter. It will give you a fair idea....