- Chapter Nineteen -

Start from the beginning

"Yes but anything can happen within a day, Deku." She snapped harshly.

Deku took a step back. "O-Okay.. well if it's not here then where would it be?"

The girl stood and practically ran to her phone, unlocking it and opening her contacts. She landed on one specific contact but couldn't get herself to click on it.

Katsuki

"Katsuki.. it's at Katsuki's house.." she said as she walked over to Deku. The look of defeat painted across her face. Her cheeks were caked with tears.

"We can walk over and get it! He doesn't live that far!" Deku tried to cheer her up with his signature bright, happy go lucky smile. But the girl only returned a stressed and tired look.

"No.. I can't go back over there. Not right now."

"Well.. why don't you call him? Have him bring it over?"

She clutched her chest, the tank top was tightly in her hand. "N-No.. No. I can't."

Deku approached her slowly and attempted to pull her into a hug, but when she took a step back out of his arms, he gave her a reassuring smile before he pulled out his own phone.

"I'll call him.  And when he comes over you can stay in my bedroom until he leaves."

"But.. but your mom said.."

"I know what she said. But I know how important this is to you.  It'll be fine. Trust me."

The girl nodded, wiping her eyes with the back of her hands. "O-Okay.. okay."

"Okay. One second." He smiled at her as he began to dial Bakugo's number. He walked a few feet away while he spoke.

"Hi Kacchan.. I was wondering if you've seen (Y/n)'s jacket? Yes? That's great! Do you think you could bring it over? Oh.. I uh.. I can't leave the house, I'm making food. Ah thank you!"

He hung up the phone and turned to the girl with a shaky smile. "He's going to bring it over."

"But..?"

"But.. he sounded really, really mad. I'm pretty sure I could feel heat through the phone aha.."

The girl looked at him with wide eyes. "Mad? Why was he mad?"

"I'm not sure. That's Kacchan for you. When isn't he mad? Anyways.. you can wait in my room. He should be here any minute."

She nodded and held her hand out to him. He took it and led her down the hall to his room. "D-Dont mind the decoration. You can just ignore it!" He said as he flicked the light on.

Posters and figurines of All Might covered the room. Even in her saddened state, this made the girl crack a smile. "A bit of a super fan, huh?"

"Y-Yeah I guess so. Anyways you're welcome to sit at my desk or um.. bed. Whatever is more comfortable. I'll be right back, I'm going to grab your tea!"

Deku left the room and headed down the hall to the living room when his phone buzzed. It was a text from Bakugo.

From: Kacchan

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR ADDRESS, DEKU????

Deku sighed heavily and ran his fingers through his green hair. "How does he not know where I live.. I've lived in the same apartment building since we were kids." Deku replied to him quickly before grabbing (Y/n)'s tea that was now luke warm.

Back at the room, he opened the door, careful not to spill the cup. "Hey sorry, I brought your-.. tea."

The girl had made herself comfortable alright. She was fast asleep in his bed, sleeping on top of the blanket rather than under it. This striked Deku as odd but he let it go. The girl looked comfortable as is.