Chapter 178: Cross Examination

You were interrupted by the Noble Consort when you were testing the 7th Prince. Many mysteries remained unsolved. You plan to find an opportunity to try that again. Shi Lian had been asking around these days to find you an opportunity. Today, she hurried back from the outside.

Shi Lian: Your Highness, the 7th Prince hasn't been out since that night. The Noble Consort would visit him every day. I heard that she scolded the physicians.

Xiu Ying: Is he ill?

Shi Lian: It took me a hard time to find out that he was not physically ill, but was suffering from the same madness as the 11th Prince.

Xiu Ying: It can't be it... Did he go around and tell everyone that he had met a fairy, didn't he?

Shi Lian's helpless look proofed you right. Seeing this, you went silent.

Shi Lian: The 7th Prince first said that you were a ghost, and now he said that he met a fairy. People will naturally think that he is mad... Your highness, you might as well leave him alone. Everyone will think that he is talking nonsense.

Xiu Ying: If someone is really setting up a plot, then I can't just sit back.

Shi Lian: Your Highness, why are you taking on everything? Why don't you tell His Majesty and let him deal with it?

Facing Shi Lian's worry and confusion, you had no idea what to say.

Shi Lian: Your Highness, you went to Mount Tianchi two years ago on the order of His Majesty. How could you possibly see the 7th Prince? His Majesty will give you justice!

Xiu Ying: [Shaking your head] Shi Lian, there are so few people I can trust un this palace.

You couldn't help but remembered what Queen Rong told you about the Emperor changing his temper. If someone is really impersonating you. Is it to set you up? In that case, who will it be? Those who resent you in the palace are scare... Is it possible that it is the Emperor?

Shi Lian: Your Highness! If you don't want His Majesty to deal with it, you can also ask Lord Fu Heng and the Crown Prince for help. Is it better than facing it all alone?

Xiu Ying: I don't want them to meddle with all these. These troubles and challenges are none of their business.

The winter sun shone on the windowsill with floating dust. At this moment, many figures appeared in front of your eyes. Thousands of emotions kept running in your heart and finally turned into a sigh. Shi Lian told you that someone asked to see you, completely interrupting your complex thoughts.

Eunuch: Your Highness, Her Highness the Noble Consort asked you to come over.

The eunuch served by the Noble Consort's side. He smiled at you with a touch of alienation and behaved respectfully and politely. But the Noble Consort suddenly asked you to come over, making you wonder what she wanted.

Xiu Ying: May I know what for?

Eunuch: Her Highness said that you would know by then, Your Highness.

The Noble Consort saw the 7th Prince's fear when he saw you and become suspicious of you. She might have given up on the idea of making friends with you. Now she suddenly wanted to see you. It might be about the 7th Prince?

Xiu Ying: All right, please lead the way.

Getting up, you unintentionally tidied up your skirt. The eunuch bowed his head and waited for you by the door. You pulled Shi Lian over and whispered in a voice that only the two of you could hear.

Xiu Ying: Shi Lian, go to His Majesty and ask him to come over.

Shi Lian: [Nodding] All right, Your Highness. The Noble Consort cares a lot about what happened to 7th Prince and she is impulsive. You must be careful.