Chapter 37: Tell It Yourself

The most cherished son want to take the Emperor's life for the throne. The Emperor is devastated. But before the truth could be revealed, the Emperor would not touch the Crown Prince, and instead trusts him less. The Crown Prince feels the change. The only reason he could stay the heir apparent despite all the dirty deeds he's done is because of the Emperor's love and trust. Now if that love and trust disappears, then crisis will follow. The Crown prince is obviously anxious. He finds a chance to talk to you.

Crown Prince: My father seems to have some misunderstandings with me. I don't know what I did. Have you heard anything from him?

Xiu Ying: His Majesty's thoughts are never apparent. But the last time he was angry, it was over something at the court. You should know what happened right?

Crown Prince: [Gloomy] It might have been the series of impeachments then. Still, it was so trivial that I see no reason for them to go so far.

Upon hearing that, you have an idea. It seems the Crown Prince has no idea that the Emperor suspect him as the culprit of the assassination attempt.

Crown Prince: [Sighs] You know, I really want to take some load off my father. But there are always misunderstandings.

Xiu Ying: (Seriously, look to you conscience and think if it was all a misunderstanding. You liar.)

Xiu Ying: [Act worried] Is there anything this maid can do for the Crown Prince?

Crown Prince: Well, how about this. You tell me about whatever plans or ideas my father has, alright?

You act surprised and hesitant.

Crown Prince: Don't worry. I just want to prepare myself so I can help my father.

Xiu Ying: His Majesty is strict. If he finds out, I'd be punished.

Crown Prince: What, would I sell you out?

Xiu Ying: [Act anxious] I know the Crown prince wouldn't, but I'm afraid that you might be punished for doing it.

The Crown Prince softens his look.

Crown Prince: Don't worry. There's no way anyone would know. Plus, it's nothing serious. I don't think my father would be angry.

The Crown Prince tries to make things less serious so you can agree soon. You have a plan, and will definitely cooperate.

Xiu Ying: As you wish, Your Highness.

Crown Prince: [Happy] I'm lucky to have you helping me.

It was sincerity like this that fools you in your previous life. Faking everything is his strongest suit. A cold-blooded killer that always looks like he's passionate. As he said that, he extends his hand to hold you. You come to your senses and try to dodge. Then a voice comes from afar, and the Crown Prince's hand stops midair.

Fu Heng: Greetings, Your Highness!

Fu Heng is still a distance away. He rushes over like something big happened., but all he did was a greeting. A distraction like that forces the Crown Prince to retract his hand. After exchanging a few lines, he looks at you and leaves. You know Fu Heng was trying to help you, so you thank him.

Fu Heng: I told you to keep your distance with the Crown Prince. You know you'd be in danger right?

Xiu Ying: Thank you, Lord Fu Heng. I know what I should do.

Fu Heng's worried look makes you guilty and nervous. You find an excuse to go away.

Fu Heng: I have agreed to help you. You have to trust me.

You give him a smile, but you still carry on your mission, and leave quickly. The Crown Prince is indeed anxious. He asks you for reports all the time. You try to fulfill the anxious Crown Prince, but you also spice up the reports a little. 70% truth 30% lie, the perfect ration to confuse people. Just like how the Crown Prince was to you in the last life.

Crown Prince: These reports are crucial to me. This is for you.

He passes a heavy parcel.

Xiu Ying: I must not accept! If it weren't for you, I'd be dead from their plot already! I feel much better not that I can help you.

Crown Prince: [Satisfied] You are thoughtful indeed. I found the right person. Rest easy. I will reward you handsomely in the future if you keep helping me.

You thank him. As he disappears into the horizon, you turn your back into your cold eyes.

Xiu Ying: Lies and deceit from the past, now I'm giving them all back to you.