Numb

Sting's POV

That night, Lucy and I were walking home. I just can't deny the fact that I'm thinking about earlier. "Why was Yukino there? Why was she like that?" I asked myself, then the blonde female snap me off my thoughts by waving her hand across my face. "Earth to Sting, are you even listening?"

"Oh sorry." My pallid lips formed a soft smile, as I looked up above towards the starry sky. I think she was blabbering shit 'bout constellations, I better listen. She might get mad at me.

"I almost forgot, Erza and the others were thinking of going to the beach this week." She puffed her cheeks, as we arrived at the door step of her apartment.

"Tell me when Erza already sets a date. Goodnight, blondie." I patted her shoulder, then I casually walked away.

"Take care." She waved.

When I finally got home, the only thought that was yondering my mind was marrying my bed. I was so exhausted that I jumped onto my bed, not minding that I was still wearing my sweaty clothes.

In a mere second, I got knocked out cold like a drunk and wasted dude; On the way to dreamland. I just laid there,  then I had a peculiar dream.

At first, I was just groaning along with slight movements then I started to shiver and go nuts, making a loud ruckus. Alerting Rogue, which made him dowse me with cold water, awaking me. As I was panting heavily.

"Are you okay? Did you have a bad dream?" He asked while he held the emptied pitcher.

"Yeah, I did. Thanks for waking me up." I wiped off my sweat emitting from my forehead, using the blanket.

"What happened?" He said in concerned and curious tone.

"Well.." I yawned.

"Yukino.." I found myself in a tunnel, in a distance I saw a girl. I tried to reach out to the Celestial mage that was walking away, as if she was running away from my perspective. I felt so helpless, I couldn't catch her, she was so fast. When I finally got her cornered, she disappeared without a trace. Leaving me in a dead end. My tears began to flood from my distinct eyes that was once a fearless pair. Now as lonely as a stormy sky. "I can't deny it, I want to see her again, I want to be with her. I want to go back to that time when she was mine. But the distance between Yukino and I are so devastatingly far apart." I kept on shedding my tears, releasing all of my emotions out of my system. I noticed that I was also disappearing, I couldn't clearly make out what was happening, I was so lost on everything.

"That's about it." I sighed.

"It's best if you don't think about it that much. Anyway, I'll be going to sleep." Since my bed was soggy I had to change the bedsheet. It's a good thing that Rogue has some extras.

As I was about to go to sleep, the alarm clock rang loudly. It was so annoying, the noise was pounding on my head. "Why did I set my alarm on 4 am?" I snoozed my clock, putting it on my drawer. So it won't bother me from my sleep. 

...

"Sting, Wake up!" Lucy, Levy and Wendy screeched out, startling me. This shit made me fall onto the maroon flooring.

"What the fuck was that about, huh?" I rubbed my eyelids slowly.

"We're going to the beach,  did you receive my text? " The blonde pointed out.

"My phone was off. What time is it?" I went to the bathroom, scratching my ass.

"It's already 10:30." The bookworm stated, while glancing on her wrist watch.

Upon knowing the time I quickly took a bath and got changed. I was embarrassed. Since I was the only one they were waiting. After a short drive, we arrived at the beach. Luckily, it wasn't crowded.

"Let's get changed~!" Erza proposed. She brought the other girls to the changing stalls. When they were finished, all the boys in the joint couldn't help themselves but stare at the bunch, showing off their bodies. We were also in that slight state of trance, we kinda jaw dropped.

"Close your mouth, it might catch flies." The Stellar mage said in a joking tone with a hint of sarcasm in it.

The whole day started off with a blast. We raced into the water, we all played a game; who was the fastest swimmer. Later on, Lucy and I played Volleyball against Erza and Gray, while Rogue was the Referee. Levy and Gajeel were sitting under a palm tree, cuddling. And Wendy was videoing and taking pictures of us together, making memories.

At the end of the day, we sat down on the warm sand, as the calm waves of the salty sea washed our worn out feet. We were watching the sunset, while eating cold and refreshing snow cones, the coolness trailed down our throats, giving us a mild brain freeze. The view was breathtaking, just seeing the clouds perfectly complementing the colourful rays of the setting sun being reflected by the water. We had a chance to see how beautiful nature was.

"But Mother Nature still isn't on the level with this girl beside me." My eyes hovered across Lucy, taking a good and clear look on her, which made me smile.

As the night came, we decided to buy fireworks on the nearby convenience store. Rogue and the others were popping the fireworks. But on the other hand, The blonde mage and I were walking around the beachfront, alone.

"Today was fun, wasn't it?" She said in a quite exhausted tone.

"Yeah, it was." I walked along side her, as the white sand brushed against my toes. This is my chance to tell her how I feel. Don't mess this up.

"It would be much better if Natsu was here. Did you know.." She blabbered things about that bastard again, which gave me a sign that this is not the right time. I just shut up until something in me finally snapped. Okay, my good mood is ruined.

"Honestly, Lucy. What does he have that I don't? You always talk about him, Natsu this, Natsu that.." I said in a low pitched tone, looking at her directly, my feelings for her faded into the scenery and into my anger like I didn't feel anything at all. I couldn't take it anymore.

This made her pause for a moment.

"Let's stop this. I don't want to pretend. I don't want to be your friend anymore." I turned my back away from her.

"Don't go.." She bit her lip, holding back what she's feeling.

"Why do you still want me to be here? Is it because you feel comfortable when your around me? Or I understand your insensitive and useless self, but still I love you so damn much? Stop being so selfish. When you rejected me, you lost the position to even long for those things!" I distanced myself, leaving her there.

"Where are you going?" She asked, as she neared the point of crying.

"Away from you. I'm not a rebound." That was the last thing she heard from me. I didn't want to make it harder than what was happening right now. 

...

Thanks to all the people reading my book, I'm still thinking what will happen next. If you have time, please read and vote my new book Memories : Mr. Lovestrucked. Anyway, I'll update for 300 reads.