Chapter 9

"Keep that meeting as long as it has to go" Elmer mumbled while pulling on the last piece of the Felstead guard armor getting out of the Caldor's armor, the one he has to wear while pretending to be a Caldor guard so to get into the castle. He lifted his head to king Anagnos who seemed to be in thoughts not having heard what he has said "King Anagnos" he called holding the man's shoulder who finally came back to reality.

"I need to get my daughter out of here"

"Whatever you're going to do just be ready for whatever is going to happen next. I don't think he is going to let his heir leave his castle, be wiser while going against him" Elmer advised, he would want Rylee to leave this castle but that will be causing even more chaos with the two kingdoms.

King Anagnos sighed knowing what the young man has said is true. He got up ready for the meeting he has with Ernest, after a day with his daughter he has to now face king Ernest "Be careful" he patted Elmer's shoulder as he walked out his guards following him through the halls.

Elmer with his new armor he can fit in with the guards of Felstead without being seen as a trace passer. He walked out and after making sure that no one was in the hall and took a turn into the royal chambers. Other guards would give him nods as he passed by not giving him much thought, he gulped reaching the king's chambers where two guards were stationed 'There used to be no guards' he thought to himself trying to find a way to get them out of here "Were you assigned here?" He asked his eyes at the two.

"And we are not to leave our posts until the king comes back, you should leave" One guard replied under his shield

"I just have a question for you" Elmer replied tugging on his hand "Just a second" The one guard turned to the other and after telling him to not move he let Elmer drag him into the other room where he was kicked as soon as they got inside. Elmer breathed in hard getting out of the room closing the door behind

"Where is Amaro?"

"Um he..." Elmer pretended like he was going to explain before pulling the guy by his helmet banging his head onto the door that opened behind him making him fall inside. He followed inside banging the guy's head one more time getting him to pass out as he closed the door behind him now inside the Ernest's room. He pulled off his head amour his eyes on the book shelf and he really hopes it is where Bert is because if it is not he had no other solution of where Bert might be. He got close and he tried pulling it but it was stuck, it was not pulling open.

He tried again but as the last time it didn't open 'Maybe Era was wrong' he thought trying his best to pull it open but it didn't barge. He examined the entire shelf searching for something that shows that this is really a door when he found a key hole 'So it is a door' this sparked even more hope in his chest even if he didn't know how to open it he knew he was going to do everything in his power to open that door and get his man

He tried everything he could do but nothing worked, he didn't bring anything with him to help open the door. He tried his sword to just break the door down, that didn't work, the shelf was big and hard "Fuck" he kicked it hard already frustrated, he had no time to be searching for answers right now. He heard footsteps outside, he didn't know where they were going but he knew he had to act fast, he pulled the guard from down pulling him into the bathroom with him before closing the door leaving a small crack to see who it was.

Samuel walked in with clothes in hand, he laid them on the bed before moving to the board as he started arranging the clothes one by one. Elmer knew he was fucked when he saw his helmet not far from the book shelf, he forgot to pick it up in a hurry to not get caught and Samuel has just seen it, his eyes moved around the room as if already suspecting that something was not right. He picked up a key from his neck moving to the book shelf trying to open it.