I | Patri

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful and vibrant kingdom, full of vivid colors

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful and vibrant kingdom, full of vivid colors. Its king was loved by all subjects, for he was benevolent and kind, beautiful and wise.

Many claim that the kingdom became prosperous because of the king that had tremendous amount of magic. They say it was also the reason why he was crowned king, not his elder brother.

The king's elder brother always appeared patient and understanding, but he was actually full of hatred for his younger brother. The elder brother did not covet the throne, he coveted the powerful magic that the king had. If he was the one who has it, he does not need their little kingdom—for he could rule the entire world.

The malicious elder brother went to seek an ancient witch. He plead her to help him steal the king's magic, but the ancient witch deemed that there was nothing in it for her, so she did not accept.

That is until a certain wave got stronger. In the kingdom where the witch resides, there's an ethereal princess called "The Princess of Light." The princess was claimed as the most beautiful woman in the world by everyone who saw her. Even those who haven't met the princess loved her because of her reputation.

The ancient witch hated every woman who was deemed as the most beautiful—for she was once one as well until everybody decided that someone was prettier than her. When she heard that the Princess of Light was going to marry the King of the colorful Kingdom, the ancient witch accepted to help the jealous eldest brother.

Together, they fought and took all of the king's magic, turning him and the kingdom into nothing but darkness. There was no more trace of the once vividly colorful kingdom. However, they had done so after the king and the Princess of Light married. Hoping for the despair of the two.

The ancient witch wished for the now depressed and dark king to drag the beloved princess down with him. The king who was betrayed by his elder brother also did not trust the princess.

However, due to the princess' kind and wise nature, her sincerity eventually reached the king. This did not please the witch, because the happiness of the princess was the thing that would keep her beauty. The witch wanted to take that away.

So the witch took the king's magic back from the elder brother and went to see the princess alone. They talked and the witch taunted the princess multiple times. But the princess never wavered.

The witch was filled with resentment and in her anger, she placed a curse on the princess.

"I curse you, Princess of Light. If the King of Darkness fails to choose you over his magic, then you shall fall into eternal sleep. Warm like the living, but asleep like the dead—never to wake up ever again."

"You will not get what you want. I will never resent my king for whatever choice he decides to take." The princess calmly responded and smiled.