[ 1 6 : s t a l e - m i l k - a n d - a - f u r t h e r - i m p l o s i o n ]

[☆]

Warnings: Suggestive comments, violence, use of firearms, dangerous driving, explosion and death

Spoilers: Agent Carter Season 1

[☆]

"Do you think there's time to grab a cake?" Tonya asked as she peered into the automat and spied the treats in the vending machines within.

"Miss Carter seems to want to proceed with the mission as quickly as possible, so I'm afraid there probably isn't," Jarvis replied. "Though, I will admit, they do have a rather good lemon drizzle that I'm in the mood for right now."

Jarvis honked the horn to announce their arrival as Peggy appeared distracted by a waitress while she hovered in the doorway. "Didn't Agent Thompson buy you dinner on your outing? Ana was keen to know where you were, so I'm afraid she'll insist you fill her in on the details when we–"

But at that moment, Peggy came through the revolving doors and towards the car, so Jarvis leapt out and started to run around the front of the car to open her door for her.

"Too late!" Peggy called when she reached it first and Jarvis returned rather defeatedly to his own seat, prompting Tonya to hold in her laughter for the poor butler's sake.

He seemed rather offended as he started the car. "Miss Carter." he greeted her stiffly.

"Mr Jarvis." Peggy returned.

Since it seemed no one else was going to say it: "Miss Stark." Tonya piped up in her best impression of a British accent. It was rather good, if she did say so herself – she had been coached by Jarvis himself, after all, when she'd had to learn it for a film.

Peggy turned in her seat to look at her with a frown. "What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, Peg." Tonya smiled sarcastically.

"When I received your call," Jarvis offered an explanation on her behalf. "I assumed you'd want the mission team reassembled, as it were."

"Oh, is that what we are?" Peggy looked half-annoyed, half-amused. "Mr Jarvis, this particular part of the mission requires stealth, and I'm not sure a well-known Hollywood film star exactly fulfils that criteria!"

"I've brought my hat!" Tonya reasoned, holding up the veiled garment for Peggy to see. "These are also my inventions we're trying to get back, so I'd quite like to be involved, thank you very much."

Peggy frowned in thought momentarily, but the question she'd been about to ask was washed out of her mind by the sudden fanfare blasting through the radio Jarvis had just turned on. It was that ridiculously sensationalised Captain America show. She'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than this waste of airtime.

"I nearly went for that part you know," Tonya mused when Betty Carver's voice drawled through the speaker. "I'd have played you better than she does, Peg."

"Well, I'm quite glad you didn't honestly. This show makes me grind my teeth, honestly, who writes this rubbish?" the agent huffed as she clicked the radio off.

"I rather enjoy it, actually," Jarvis admitted, before hurriedly continuing. Although the real thing is considerably more impressive."

"Smooth, Jarvis..." Tonya muttered with a snort.

Peggy fixed the butler with a suspicious look. "Are you trying to butter me up, Mr Jarvis?"

"Merely pleased to receive your call."

"Well, you are faster than a train."

"How flattering."

Peggy glanced around the car. "It's very nice. You did dispose of the old car?"