[ 1 3 : t e a - a n d - r o m a n t i c - e n d e a v o u r s ]

[☆]

Warnings: A few suggestive remarks

Spoilers: Agent Carter Season 1

[☆]

Tonya quirked an eyebrow as Jarvis bustled around the kitchen preparing a pot of tea. She wasn't sure if he'd realised, but he had boiled the kettle three times now and the last time she checked, there had been nothing wrong with it. Then again, she never found herself checking the kettle...

"Are you alright there, Jarvis?"

The butler jumped and Tonya became certain that she had snapped him back to reality from whatever troublesome thoughts were occupying his mind. "Yes, quite, thank you, Miss Stark."

"It's just I don't think the kettle will take much more boiling, you know."

"No," Jarvis looked down absently at the appliance in front of him. "I suppose not."

Tonya rolled her eyes and swivelled in her chair, so she was looking at him. "Right, what's the matter?"

Jarvis gave a rather melodramatic sigh and turned to face her. "I just settled Miss Carter at one of Mr Stark's less frequented manors, on his insistence."

She sat up suddenly. "You've spoken to Howard?"

Jarvis suddenly looked slightly guilty on realising he'd forgotten to mention that fact to her; considering Tonya seemed to have inherited the few considerate genes of the family, it was unlikely she had heard from him and had probably been worrying about his safety, though she never would let on to such concerns.

"Yes, apologies, it slipped my mind."

"Is he alright?"

"Perfectly fine and as safe as he can be right now."

"Was he only calling to offer Peggy a place to crash?"

Jarvis' hand crept up subconsciously to itch his ear. "Yes, that was all we spoke about, as far as I can remember."

"Hm, well, I could have let her stay in one of mine," Tonya frowned. "Which one is she staying in?"

"The one with the specialised oyster oven." As much as he enjoyed proprieties, Jarvis knew the Starks better than anyone and had realised it was practically useless to refer to things by name when attempting to jog their memory; unless it was superficial or scientific, it was unlikely it had remained in their minds for long.

"That's one of the ones he doesn't like me visiting," she raised her eyebrows and huffed a little, though she said nothing more – she was many things, but a hypocrite was not one of them. "I'm not sure how much Peggy will like staying there..."

"She seemed quite comfortable."

"What's the problem then? You've practically worn out the kettle – something has to be bothering you and I can't imagine Peg was much of a hassle."

"Not at all, she seems a very self-sufficient houseguest. It's just–" Jarvis sighed again. "I do wish Miss Carter had allowed me to accompany her on the next part of the mission."

Tonya had to try very hard to suppress her laughter at his moping. "You're rather enjoying the life of espionage, aren't you, Jarvis?"

"Well, if you're going to be like that..." Jarvis muttered sulkily and turned back to making the tea.

"No, no, I'm sorry, I swear I'm not laughing at you!" Tonya took the opportunity to let out a grin while his back was turned, but quickly recovered herself when he faced her again. "Wasn't she only going to look for a milk truck?"