🌸𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈🌸

𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟷𝚂𝚃, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟶.
𝟸:𝟺𝟻𝙰𝙼.

Helen laughed to herself as she cleaned up the last of any of traces of her DNA that could have been present at the scene, and when it started to rain heavily outside, she couldn't help the delight the overflowed within her. Nature's unpredictable outline was going to be her perfect way to get away with any evidence leading back to her, for any footprints outside had long been washed away, and any footprints that would be made were going to be washed away too - as the heavy rain wasn't going to subside any time soon.

She had no regard for what she had just done to the woman that had once been her best friend.

Sarisha's lifeless body lay there, her eyes still open - the tears that had streamed down her face during her last moments still visible.

Helen took one last look at her, breaking into a satisfied smirk before she finally stepped out into the heavy rain, careful not to leave her fingerprints lingering on the knob of the back door she utilized.
In order to further ensure nothing incriminated her, she had made it a note to wear a shoe size that was two sizes bigger than what she actually fit.

Just in case she hadn't rid the house of all of her footprints.

She giggled to herself as she jogged out into the pouring rain, feeling it wash over her. For the first time, she had had the advantage over Sarisha - and all she had to do now was play the part of a devastated best friend that had dropped by, only to discover that Sarisha had been viciously murdered by an unknown killer.

Once she had sorted herself out, she would return and act as though she had never been there in the first place.

Then perhaps she would run to find the nearest person for help in a completely panicked state, and eventually get help.

"All the help she'll need is transport to the morgue, because the bitch is dead," she mumbled happily to herself. "That'll teach her,"

The rest would unfold exactly as it had, and the untrue story would be the narrative that everyone believed for seventeen years.

𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚊'𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍, 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗, 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 "𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍,". 𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕, 𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚊'𝚜 𝚑𝚞𝚜𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 - 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍.

𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 - 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚍. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚎 - 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚗𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 - 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚘 𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔.

𝙾𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝟹𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟶, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 - 𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚊 𝙼𝚒𝚗 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍.

Or at least that was the narrative until seventeen years later.

•✧· · · · · ·✦· · · · · ·✧•