🌸𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝚂𝙸𝚇🌸

𝙵𝙴𝙱𝚁𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟷𝟽𝚃𝙷, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟼.

"Helen, I just don't understand what I did wrong!" Sarisha exclaimed as she followed her best friend back into the apartment they shared. "I didn't ask for his number! He gave it to me!"

"I'm not saying you did anything wrong," Helen huffed as she tossed her handbag onto the sofa, turning around to face her friend. "You didn't do anything wrong!"

"So why are you upset?" Sarisha prodded as she pushed the door shut, setting her purse down onto a nearby table. "I did everything to make sure the moment was yours, didn't I?"

"Well you clearly didn't do enough," Helen retorted. "You and I both know I have adored him far more than you ever have - so if anyone should be given the number, it's me,"

"Then you can have it!" Sarisha countered desperately. "If you're so eager to receive the number, then you can take it from me! Why do you need to make such a big deal about it?"

"Of course you wouldn't understand," Helen rolled her eyes. "Naíve little Sarisha never understands,"

"Helen, I have always done everything I can to be a good friend to you, but it never seems to be enough," Sarisha felt tears begin to form in her eyes. "It doesn't even feel like a friendship anymore,"

"I have always done more for you," Helen shot back quickly. "Remember, I was there for you when no one else was, and I have been the only person that has ever loved you for whom you truly are," she took a brief scan of Sarisha from head to toe. "I am the only person that is ever really going to love you,"

Feeling infuriated and hopeless, Sarisha grabbed her purse before storming past Helen to make her way to her bedroom. But of course, the spiteful best friend hadn't said everything that was on her mind yet.

"Don't even think of calling him - he could want nothing more from you other than temporary entertainment,"

Sarisha just ignored the vile words, making her way up the staircase so that she could hide away in her bedroom. Tears had already begun to stream down her face as she entered her room, slamming the door shut out of anger. Helen could be heard letting out a soft giggle downstairs, but Sarisha was frustrated enough as it was.

After locking the door, she turned and leaned back against the wall, weakly sliding down as her knees began to give way. Immediately, she thought about her parents, both of which had passed away in a terrible car crash several years prior.

The accident had happened when Sarisha was only ten years old, and at the time she had already been good friends with Helen - the two of them having met in school. Sarisha had always blamed herself for her parents' demise, as they had been on their way to pick her up from school the afternoon they had met with the crash - obviously never making it to the school.

It was all still fresh in Sarisha's memory, and the misplaced guilt had never really disappeared.

Helen happened to be one of her only sources of support at the time, considering the fact that other young woman had not been part of a very large family. The only people Sarisha had had in her life were her parents and Helen - and when her parents had gone, Helen was the only person she'd really had.

Now, ten years later, Helen was still the only person she'd really had.

Helen had always been the one that needed to command attention when she walked into the room, and if they had ever met someone important - she needed to be the first individual noticed.

She was everything a narcissist was, and that included garnering control over Sarisha - who was the less aggressive one out of the pair.

Apparently Helen had assumed that as a result of Sarisha's timid nature, the latter didn't have thoughts and emotions of her own. As always, Helen had believed that only her emotions and thoughts existed, and that Sarisha's were merely imaginary.

God forbid Sarisha ever thought or made decisions for herself.

Then, the quiet young girl's eyes drifted over toward her purse, bringing back the memory of Michael's number. A small, playful smile graced her face as she reached over to retrieve the notebook from her bag, simultaneously hearing Helen's footsteps moving up the staircase.

Given the years they'd spent together, Sarisha already knew what Helen was going to do, so she acted quickly. Grabbing her pen as well, she opened her notebook and glanced at the number Michael had written down. After temporarily memorizing it, she flipped through her notebook until she had opened it out to the very back page, copying down the numbers she had crammed.

Then she shoved the pen back into her purse and got to her feet, closing the book just as Helen knocked at her room door.

Without missing a beat, Sarisha opened it, staring at Helen with a blank gaze.

Helen's eyes drifted to the notebook, and her stare grew angry as they shot back to her friend's face. "You weren't actually going to call him, were you?"

"No, actually," Sarisha replied, opening the book up to the initial page that possessed both Michael's autograph and his number. It was just a sacrifice she was going to have to make in order to do what she wanted to do.

Ironic, wasn't it?

Sarisha tore the page out, clearly for Helen to see. She then handed it to the other woman, filling her with pure delight.

"I was just preparing to give it to you," Sarisha stated as Helen took the piece of paper from her. "You're right, it would be ridiculous of me to keep the number,"

Helen gave her an approving smile. She was everything but smarter than Sarisha.

Without another word, Helen walked away, leaving her friend to shut her bedroom door once more, this time locking it.

Then, the hazel-eyed beauty lowered her attention to the notebook in her hands, flipping to the back once more.

Her fingers grazed over the number, and she smiled to herself.

•✧· · · · · ·✦· · · · · ·✧•