🌸𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽🌸

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟹𝚁𝙳, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟶.

Sarisha jogged down the staircase, a smile forming on her lips as she heard her husband conversing on the telephone in the kitchen, having a rather heated discussion with Frank.

"Okay listen, if I come by the studio tomorrow and find that it's there, I'm going to hang you," Michael grumbled into the telephone, earning an involuntary giggle from Sarisha, who had now walked out into the kitchen.

The sound of her little laugh quickly caught Michael's attention, making him turn his head to look at her, raising his eyebrow in interest - as he always did whenever she entered the room. Without wasting another moment, he bid a very nonchalant goodbye to Frank, so much so that Sarisha could have sworn she could still hear Frank talking when her husband disconnected the call altogether.

"Ouch, what did Frank do?" she questioned with a snicker, making Michael roll his eyes.

"Misplaced something - but that's nothing new," he huffed. "He's always moving something here and there, even when I've specifically asked him not to!"

"Hey, relax," she laughed, walking up to place her hands on his shoulders. "Can you imagine how smug Frank would be if he knew you were this stressed about his habits?" she asked with a wide smile, instantly getting Michael to smile, subsequently becoming less tense. "He would be over the moon," she teased.

Now assuming his notorious playful smirk, he placed his hands on his waist as he stared down at her gently, taking her left hand so that he could carefully bring it up to his lips. "Like I am with you?" he kissed the back of her hand, earning a fond head-shake from her.

His endearing habits never grew old.

Confidently erupting into a smirk of her own, she skillfully maneuvered herself so that she was able to creep behind him, allowing her hands to trail back to his shoulders. His head followed her movements, stopping when turned to the side. He could feel her delicate hands pressing down tenderly on his shoulder muscles, making him quirk an eyebrow in anticipation. There was no doubt about the fact that he was thoroughly enjoying every second of her touch, but he also wanted to figure out just what had provoked her actions.

"There's....something I want to show you," she whispered quietly, eventually moving past him.

He chuckled in amazement as she took his hand, keeping her eyes on him as she led him up the staircase.

"Alright, now you've got me riddled with suspense," he remarked as he followed her up the staircase. "What do you want to show me?"

"Don't ask questions, just follow me," she tugged a little harder, forcing him to take larger strides.

"Baby!" he laughed, effortlessly increasing the length of his strides.

She was obviously trying her best to fight off the foolishly wide grin that played at her lips, prodding further at Michael's curiousity.

Eventually, she led him into the bedroom, where he progressively became aware that there was a small red gift box placed on the bed they shared together - making him stop with a bit of a frown. Sarisha had stopped as well, biting her lip as she kept her sparkling eyes on him.

"Baby, what-" he looked back at her, halting mid-sentence when he saw the bright expression on her face. "What.....is going on?"

"Open the box," she encouraged. "And tell me what you think....how you feel," she took in a shaky breath.

At this point, Michael was beyond confused, so he wasted no time in moving to grab hold of the box, carefully undoing the ribbon that had held it intact. Sarisha watched him intently, her fingers crossed behind her back as she observed each inch the box moved as it opened.

When Michael finally saw what was inside, he had to blink a few more times just to be sure he wasn't dreaming.

Inside was the positive reading of a pregnancy test.

His eyes shot up to her, and it was all too clear that he was nothing less than overjoyed at what he had just discovered.

"Are you serious?" he asked as his eyes widened. "Is this for real?"

Sarisha couldn't hold back her giggles anymore, her face unbelievably radiant as she nodded. "Yes," she confirmed. "I'm pregnant,"

"You're pregnant?" he repeated in blissful disbelief. "You're going to have our baby - we're going to have a baby!" he laughed, setting the box down before rushing toward her. "Are you serious?" he swept her off of her feet, spinning her around as she squealed.

"Yes, of course I'm serious!" she laughed loudly. "Why would I be lying?" she shook her head. "I'm going to have a baby - our baby," her eyes were already glossy with happy tears - the same could be said for Michael.

"We're going to be parents," he set her down, his hands promptly moving to cup her face as he grinned from ear to ear. "I can't believe this!"

"Are you happy?" she asked, her beautiful smile now appearing more breathtaking with the tears of joy that now glistened in her hazel eyes.

"Are you kidding?" he whispered happily. "I'm beyond happy. This....this is a dream come true," his eyes fell to her still flat abdomen. "We're going to have a family.....and I get to do that with you.....I couldn't be more blessed,"

"I couldn't be more blessed," she took one of his hands, placing it against her abdomen. "This happiness I've found with you is my greatest treasure.....and now that I am to bear a child out of our love......I am in a dream I never want to wake up from," she bit her lip again. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, and I can't to start this family of our own,"

In that moment, the purest of thoughts and words had been exchanged, but if only they'd known of the great tragedy that would strike before they fulfilled their dreams - such hopes would never have been borne.

•✧· · · · · ·✦· · · · · ·✧•