🌸𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽🌸

𝙰𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙻 𝟷𝟻𝚃𝙷, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾.

Sarisha took in a deep, shaky breath as she stood outside the closed doors of the church that was already packed with guests. From beyond the confines of the compound, she could hear the relentless screams of fans that were gathered in the streets - all there in a bid to get a glimpse of the magical wedding. She clutched onto the stem of her immaculate bouquet of flowers, turning back to look at Janet, who was adjusting her long bridal train.

"You look breathtaking, Sarisha," Janet smiled as she straightened up. "I love this dress on you,"

And Sarisha did look delightful in her attire. Her dress features a lot of lace, but not so much that it made the gown look less sophisticated. It was the perfect mixture of class and modesty. Her neckline was represented by an off-shoulder cut, as if the exquisite lace had crafted itself across Sarisha's shoulders. The edge of her neckline mimicked the subtle pattern of flower petals, emphasizing Sarisha's femininity. Her sleeves were long, predominantly featuring expensive lace as well, the material clinging to her arms perfectly and eventually extending into a semi-glove, allowing only her fingers to be visible. Furthermore, the gown hugged her upper body beautifully, bringing into fruition Desmond's vision of showing off her slender waist - below which the material drew out into a regal flare. To make everything even more picturesque, the dress was coloured in a dreamy shade of ivory - a colour that complemented her skintone flawlessly.

For a hairstyle, Sarisha wore her long, thick hair in a voluminous braid that truly looked like something out of a Rapunzel animated film, the flowers decorating her hair in an accurately designed regal fashion. On her head she bore a low, dainty tiara that also held her veil - allowing it to fall both behind her and over her face.

She was a vision, and there wasn't a single person there who could deny it.

Janet looked gorgeous herself, her bridesmaid dress shaded in a very subtle shade of pink - bearing a sweetheart neckline without sleeves. Her dress fitted her figure perfectly as well, hugging her all the way down to her feet - leaving only enough space for her to walk freely. Her curly hair was swept up into a flattering updo, a few loose strands framing her striking face.

Most of the bridesmaids followed the same style, but of course there was no doubt that Janet pulled it off very well.

"I'm serious," Janet added when she saw Sarisha took in a nervous breath. "You look beautiful, and I just know Michael is going to be left speechless when he sees you walk through those doors," she giggled. "Please, he'll have forgotten the vows and moved on to thinking about the honeymoon,"

Sarisha giggled as well, her eyes glossy with tears of joy and tears of anticipation.

Though Janet had been helping her get dressed and prepared for the ceremony, she wasn't going to be the one to hold Sarisha's train when it was time to walk down the aisle. No, that task was going to be Helen's - and that decision had been made by Sarisha.

Helen hadn't come out to meet them yet, so Janet had been granted a few private moments with her new sister-in-law - and she already knew what she wanted to address during that time.

"Hey....Sarisha?" Janet began apprehensively, making the young bride turn to look at her with concern. "I...just...wanted to ask....how do you feel about Helen?"

"What do you mean?" Sarisha frowned.

"I mean....do you....trust her?" Janet bit her lip. "I don't want to start any drama, especially not today...but I....just wanted to know how you feel about her...because I don't know how to feel about her myself,"

Without hesitation, Sarisha broke into a reassuring smile, giving Janet a slight nod. "Yes, I do trust her," she stated. "We....had our rough patches, and...perhaps there are things between us that are still yet to be clarified....but I do trust her. Despite all that has happened...she has never hurt me,"

Janet nodded, taking Sarisha's answer as a guide to navigate her own conclusion. "Alright, if you trust her...then I trust her," she managed a smile.

Just then, as if on cue, Helen walked out from the side of the building, obviously having taken one of the side exits in order to make her way out without drawing too much premature attention to the bride. When Janet saw Helen, she took one last glance at Sarisha before excusing herself, announcing that she would now make her way in to prepare with the rest of the bridesmaids.

Sarisha blew her a kiss, silently thanking her for her undying support, eventually turning her attention to Helen.

"You look very beautiful, Sarisha," she remarked, her tone easily sounding blank.

"Thank you," Sarisha managed a smile. "You look beautiful as well, of course," she broke into the wide grin that used to be such a common notion between them.

But when she saw that Helen didn't return it, she merely cleared her throat in a bid to break the awkward silence.

"Listen, Helen....I just.....I want you to know that I still....consider you my best friend," she began again, her voice soft. "And....I'm sorry if what I did...hurt you,"

"Of course, we always swore that we would be best friends forever, and that only death would break our friendship," Helen replied. "You don't need to be sorry for anything. Like I said, I am very happy for you and Michael. You should know me better than to doubt that,"

"Right," Sarisha raised her eyebrows with a sigh. "Well then, thank you," she turned to face the doors again, indicating that she was ready to proceed with the ceremony.

Helen swiftly walked over to Sarisha's train, lifting it carefully so that it spread out the way it had been designed to. Right before the other bridesmaids were given their cue to join Helen and Sarisha outside, the stoic friend spoke her last few words before the ceremony proceeded - words that Sarisha only hoped were genuine.

"All the best, Sarisha,"

•✧· · · · · ·✦· · · · · ·✧•