10. keep your freinds close

chapter ten
corruption

''Okay, I need to ask you guys something.'' Hanna said, as the five field walked down the school hallway. ''And I need you to be totally honest with me.''

''Of course'' Aria nodded, the other girls agreeing.

''Is this side of my face fatter than this side?'' the blonde asked seriously, showing them both sides of her face.

''No'' they all replied, Blair's eyes still switching from on side of Hanna's to the other.

''Is that Ian?'' Emily asked when her attention was brought to the older man walking down the hallway smiling.

''Yeah. Tonya told me he's the new hockey coach'' Blair replied, remembering what her old lab partner had told her. ''Does Melissa know he's back?"

"I don't know why she broke up with him in the first place." Hanna said, her eyes following Ian's movements.

"She didn't. He broke up with her." Spencer explained.

"Hey!" a cheerful Mona called, making her way over to the five. "The first one is for my bestie." she smiled as she handed Hanna a pink envelope, before holding the remaining four out in front of the rest of them. "And one for each of you. My bestie's other friends."

"What's this?" Blair said, taking the one that was addressed to her.

"Oh, nothing. Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever. Camp Mona." the girl explained with a wide smile.

"Camp Mona?"

"Don't let the camping part scare you. It's clamping not camping and 'M' is more massages, not mosquitoes." Mona explained, "Oh Naomi! Riley! Wait up!"

"Why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?" Spencer asked once the brunette had left the group.

"She knows that we're friends again and she's trying to reach out to you." Hanna shrugged. "She's trying to be nice. So are you gonna go?"

"I know she's your friend but-" Spencer trailed off.

"I'm gonna have to pass. I've got-" Aria tried.

"Like a lot of stuff to do this weekend" Spencer finished.

"Me too." Emily nodded.

"I'm in." Blair said, shocking them all. Noel had asked to go to the cinema with her and she still hadn't come up with an excuse, until now. She wasn't ignoring Noel but after missing Jason's phone call she had started to back off. Plus she needed to get her mind off of the whole A thing.

Just as Hanna went to reply all their phones buzzed at the same time causing them all to grimace.

Unknown
Camp Mona's a scavenger
hunt and I'm the prize.
Come and find me, bitches.
- A

Spoke too soon.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

"It's a shame camp Mona is the same weekend." Noel said, leaning against the locker next to Blair's.

Blair hummed, checking her makeup in the mirror attached to the inside of her locker door.

"You okay?" Noel asked. She had been acting different since the storm, cancelling all their dates and barely calling him.

"Mhm. Yeah, fine." Blair nodded, closing her locker door. "Listen I have to be somewhere, talk later."

The blue eyed boy watched as she walked off towards Hanna's locker, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.