05. reality bites me

chapter five
corruption

Blair sat next to Hanna the morning after in Spencer's kitchen. Whilst the Parker girl was up all night comforting her heartbroken sister, the other four girls had slept over at the Hastings house.

She had woken up to about fifteen miss calls and messages, all telling her to come over as soon as. After finding out why the brunette never answered, Spencer explained what had happened causing the Parker girl to grow worried.

'A' had left a message on Spencer's mirror, for her and the the other girls to find in a shade of red that Alison used to wear.

"A sent this letter to my mum" Aria stated, slamming a piece of paper down on Spencer's island table. She had been distraught all morning since the letter had been placed in front of her by her mother.

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Emily said as she placed a comforting hand on Aria's shoulder.

"It's your dad's fault, totally" Spencer agreed.

The shorter brunette shook her head, "No. It's my fault."

"You did not hook up with her and then ask your kid to cover for you" Hanna pointed out, taking another bite of her apple.

"Ali said you should of told your mum right after it happened." Blair mumbled, playing with the strings of her zip up hoodie, an old pair of leggings keeping her legs warm.

"Ali? Ali knew?" Emily asked in shock whilst the other girls just stared at Blair.

"You knew?" Spencer asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah, they were there with me" Aria answered, giving Blair an awkward smile.

"Blair! Alison!" Mona shouted, her glasses falling down her nose. "Hey Aria!"

"Hey, can you hear Mona?" Aria giggled, a pink stand of hair falling over her eyes.

"Hey Blair, wait up!" Mona repeated, her pig tails swaying when she stared to pick up her pace.

"Maybe we should wait" Aria said, holding onto Blair's arm.

"Hey! Guys!"

"My God, what a loser. Is she ever gonna take a hint? Come on" Alison ushered, pulling Blair along with her when she turned the corner. The three of them giggled as they stopped running, the blonde in Blair's glowing in the sun.

"Hey, isn't that your dad's car?" Blair asked Aria, coming to a halt. Aria's face dropped when she took a closer look. Tears gathered in her eyes when she saw her dad making out with a woman. A woman who was not his wife.

"So you actually met this Meredith person?" Spencer asked, making Blair snap out of her thoughts.

"Meredith! Her names Meredith?" Hanna exclaimed. "That's not even a cute girls name. I'm picturing big pores and mousy roots."

"Hanna, i think it's a little too early to be making jokes" Spencer said as she gave the girl a look.

"I'm sorry but if your gonna cheat, at least do it with someone who deep conditions her hair."

"Hey Han," Blair said cashing Hanna to look at her. "Put something in your mouth besides your foot" she added before shoving her bagel into the blondes mouth.

"I'm sorry, okay" Hanna sighed, after swallowing the bite of the bagel . "Look, i'm just saying, when my dad left laughing helped a lot. And so did crying."

"My dad hasn't left yet" Aria said, standing up from her seat. "This all happened over a year ago." When the other girls avoided her gaze Aria swallowed thickly before speaking again. "You think he's gonna leave?"