04. can you hear me now?

chapter four
corruption

"How mad was your mother about you destroying Sean's car?." Emily asked the following day. Apparently after leaving Hanna at Noel's party, the blonde had got a tad angry at her boyfriend and crashed his car.

"I have not destroyed it!" Hanna complained causing the other girls to smirk slightly. "Everyone seems to be reacting pretty well, though."

"Oh."

"So flowers will be planted and also there will be a row of art tiles" Aria said, changing the subject as the five of them stood in front of a bench. The bench was planted in the middle of town like they had planned, on a nice patch of fresh grass.

"Art tiles?" Spencer said, pulling on the sleeves of her top.

"Yeah, messages, photos in memory of Alison." Emily explained.

"Yeah, like tiny little headstones " Hanna commented.

"Hannah!" Aria whispered harshly.

"What?" Hanna said, crossing her left leg over her right as she stood next to Blair.

"We should each do one" Blair suggested, placing a hand in her back pocket.

"You know, I've had Alison's bracelet since that day in the woods. I don't want that responsibility any more." Hanna spoke whilst searching through her bag, holding out the bracelet once she had found it.

"I don't want it." Aria shook her head.

"One of you take it, I'm being serious" Hanna said, looking around the group with raised eyebrows.

Spencer sighed before snatching it from Hanna's grasp. "Look at us, a bunch of babies. There is nothing that this A person can say or do to get us in trouble without getting into trouble herself."

"Her?" Emily questioned. They hadn't  got very far with narrowing down the suspects of who A could be. They thought only Alison or each other knew their secrets so they had no clue who else would, or how.

"Him, her." Aria shrugged. "It doesn't make a difference."

Spencer nodded whilst pulling out her laptop from her bag, placing it on her lap.

"What are you doing?" Blair asked when Spencer began to type something.

"I'm gonna block all messages from people i don't know" she explained. "texts, calls, emails, everything. Screw A! Who's next" she asked peering up at the others. Blair took the laptop from Spencer first, logging in to her own account.

"I spy with my little eye something that starts with F." Spencer said with dreamy eyes as she watched  Mr Fitz pass by on a bike. Blair couldn't understand their fascination with the new english teacher. And that coming from a girl who normally went for older guys said something. Sure he was cute with his slightly curly hair and bright eyes, maybe it was just her who wasn't drawn to him.

"Em?" Blair said, handing the laptop to the brunette who took it from her hands with a grateful smile.

"Hey, Mr Fitz!" Hanna called, waving her hands in the air.

"Looking good Mr Fitz!" Spencer shouted loudly as Blair looked at the two in amusement.

"My turn" Aria grumbled, snatching the laptop from Emily's grasp. Her mood has changed ever so quickly since they had opened the laptop.

"There are teachers that you do not wanna see on a bike and there are teachers you do.." Emily trailed off.

"I would not want to see Mr Gilardi on a bike."Hanna said, her eyes still on the teacher who was cycling on the other side of the road.