55. Villains

Five men have blocked their path.

Gu Xian notices the leader as one eyed old man. The one who ate hotpot and left without saying any gratitude.

All of them have ugly faces. They look like villains from books.

Gu Xian cupped his hands and asks politely, "Seniors, we are heading that way. Please let us pass."

The old man sneers. The younger ones are grinning evilly.

Xin stands next to his Master. These men have high cultivation levels. It won't be easy to win. Because their team has a bunch of weaklings like children and tiger cubs.

The villains won't move from their spot.

Gu Xian gives order, "Let's take a detour."

It will cost them another three days to reach town if they take a detour from this path.

Yin Mo stares the Villains with disgust.

The one eyed man smirks.

He mocks, "Wimp."

Yin Mo grabs his whip but Gege stops his attack.

"Don't listen to their provocation. They stall us on purpose. Stay with the kids. If things go bad, escape with them."

"Gege! I won't leave you behind!"

The old man mocks, "Very touching. Why don't we stop this sappy moments now?"

He leaps and kicks Gu Xian. The latter pushes Yin Mo away and defends using his fists.

Gu Xian fights back with all his strength. His eyes wander to his family.

Yin Mo has ordered the cubs and Wang Su to lead the kids away.

His wifey deals with a hooligan looking man.

Gu Xian orders, "Yin Mo, leave!"

"No!"

The old man smiles when he dodges the attack. This couple is stronger than average ones.

Xin has joined the fight. He is fighting two cultivators at once.

Suddenly they hear, "STOP!"

Nobody listen to Xin Yue.

Xin Yue yells, "Master, tell them to stop!"

The one eyed old man and his men have withdrawn. Xin Yue folds his hands. He stares to his fellow disciples.

His senior and junior apprentice brothers only smile to him.

Xin Yue introduces, "Gu Xian, sorry if these brainless monsters scared your family. They are my Master and fellow disciples."

His Master might have weird requirements in recruiting disciples. All of his pupils look like natural born villains.

The one eyed man asks, "Do you want the Divine ore?"

Gu Xian cupped his hands and bends his body slightly as a sign of respect.

He confesses, "Yes, Senior. I need it to fix a broken blade."

"The ore is an artefact belonged to our Sect. I can't just give it away to you."

Gu Xian is silent. He knows the old man hasn't finished speaking.

The old man adds, "If you passed three requirements, I will give you the ore."

"Please, senior. I will try to fulfill your requests."

"First, you must cook for us. Fighting makes us hungry. My pupils won't believe me when I told them about the delicious meal."

Gu Xian has no choice but to cook a huge cauldron of hotpot. The villain looking men and his family mingle while enjoying tasty meal.