18. Confession Time

Gu Xian says, "Thanks for helping Yin Mo."

Xue Ying frowns. It feels like a husband thanking a friend for looking after his wifey. Must be just his imagination.

He teases, "Just a thank you? Words are cheap."

"I got a fine sword here."

Xue Ying says immediately, "I don't come here to rob you, Senior brother."

Yin Mo teases, "He wants meat."

"I'll cook something."

Xue Ying says, "I'll buy wine and food ingredients."

After Xue Ying has left, Gu Xian coughs to clear his throat. He owes Yin Mo a good explanation.

Gu Xian explains, "I'm sorry for pushing you off the cliff..."

"You already apologized before."

"Do you know why I did it?"

Yin Mo stares at him without saying anything.

Gu Xian feels choked. He is very nervous. He inhales a deep breath and looks at the clear blue sky.

"System... Err... Ancient spirit possessed me. Forcing me to do things I don't want to do. I revolted against him most of the times. Sometimes I failed..."

"Why?"

"It has a vision about your future. You have to suffer first before growth."

"It still controls you, big brother?"

Gu Xian smiles a little.

He comments, "No. After I reached building foundation stage, I kicked it out of me."

Yin Mo smiles brightly. He hates that ancient spirit. Gu Xian avoided him for few years. Probably because of him.

He asks, "My future?"

Gu Xian sighs.

He explains, "In the future, you will be a very popular guy. A lot of handsome and powerful men wanted you as a lifetime partner."

"Me? How about you, big brother?".

Yin Mo can't hold his curiosity and he teases, "Would you fall for my charm too?"

"No. I'm not one of them."

I'm not one of the captured targets. All I want is for you to live happily with your chosen gong.

Yin Mo hugs him.

He says softly, "Big brother, I only want you..."

"Silly boy. You would grow up and find a decent husband. I'll visit you if I have time."

"No! I only need you, big brother."

Gu Xian rubs his head. Thinking the boy is too young to distinguish affection to family member and true love.

"I'll watch you grow and spread your wings. Soar to the sky."

"En. And you shall be with me. Forever and ever."

Gu Xian laughs but not promising him anything.

Xue Ying arrives when they are still hugging each others. He rolls his eyes. It's hard to be an invisible third wheel. Getting ignored. Fed too much dog foods until his tummy bloated.

He calls," I'm back!"

"Oh, you're here," replies Gu Xian while releasing Yin Mo.

The boy is pouting. He hasn't eaten much tofu yet. Despicable Xue Ying came back too soon.