45

It's Friday. I didn't come Thursday, I had to get myself together but I'm here. It's hurting me that Dallas has my kids and I don't. But I'll be fine. I'll pick them up early and take them to the mall and stuff. I make it to my office. "Ariana? I haven't seen you in a while. What's up?"

"I needed you yesterday miss and you weren't there."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't feeling well. Come in and tell me what's wrong." I unlock my door.
~~~~~~~~
I go in their school. "Come on Josh." He ran to me. "We're gonna get your sisters." I go in the office. "Good afternoon."

"Hi. I want to pick up my daughters Demi and Faith."

"What grade?"

"Fourth." I think? Dallas came out of his office. He looked at me. "Why are you picking them up?"

"They're my kids and I haven't seen them in a day almost two days actually."

"Where are you staying?"

"None of your business."

"What's wrong with you?"

"You don't get nice Devine anymore Dallas. You fucked- you messed that up. I don't want to argue in front of your staff and my babies." I sign in. "They should be out in a while."

"Okay thanks." I sat down. "You bringing them back home?"

"Yeah, I don't want them where I am."

"You with that... what's his name? Kris dude."

"No. I would never."

"Alright. You know I love you right?"

"I'm glad the one who loves me thinks I cheated on him and kicked me out. Thank you Dallas."

"Did you baby?"

"No. He's my friend. Do I say anything about the lil secretaries and teachers that be flirting with you? Hell no but somehow you see me talking to my boss and I'm cheating on you.

"My secretaries don't-."

"Nope. Mr. Williams I can help you with this. Her ass all in your face. One of them, that one right there. Offered to fix your tie, made sure you were sitting down so her sagging titties could be all in your face." She looked up. "Yeah I'm talking about you Miss Harris. Flirting with my man."

"Devine don't start this here."

"Where my kids at? I'll go down there."

"I'll call them again."

"Please do."

"Can you come home Devine? I've been lonely and I can't take care of seven kids or six I don't remember by myself. I forgive you. I swear."

"I think you need some more time."

"Fine. But you do know I love you right?"

"I guess. Miss where the hell are my kids?"

"They must be out to recess."

"I'll get them babe." I just looked at him walk out. "Are you and Mr. Williams married?"

"No. "

"If you're not married then I'm free to flirt with him."

"I can get you fired. Talk to me when he's been in your saggy pussy. Mkay?"

"Mom!"

"Hey girls, finally. We're gonna go do fun things. Then I'll take you guys home."

"Are you coming home mom?"

"Not today baby." I look at Dallas as we leave. "You guys want to go to the mall or park first?"

"Park please."

"Park!"

"Okay don't yell, Jordan doesn't like that."

"Oh."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I dropped my kids back at the house at eight. We had a long day of shopping and doing fun stuff. I love them. Now I'm tired and just ready to go to bed. My phone rang. Layla? I answer. "Hello?"

"Hey girl it's been a while."

"Yeah it has. How are you?"

"I'm okay I guess. I could be better. What about you?"

"Same. I finally have a job though."

"Really? Where at?"

"Richard's high."

"Oh. Devine. That's a horrible school."

"I know. But it's fine."

"Okay whatever you want. How's Dallas?"

"I don't know. We're on a break right now."

"What happened?"

"He thought i cheated on him with my boss."

"Damn. So are you at the house or he is?"

"He is, he kicked me out but now he wants me to come back."

"Hm. When are you going back?"

"Monday. I don't have a choice."

"Okay, how's your new baby?"

"He's good. His name is Jordan."

"And everyone else?"

"Good as well. Anything new in your life?"

"Nope. I've been in and out of relationships like crazy."

"Layla it's not hard to stay in a relationship."

"That's easy for you to say. You've only been in three and they were serious. I can't keep it serious a week after we get together."

"Maybe dating isn't for you."

"I need to do something De. If i don't I'll start getting back in my friend's lives but like how i was back then. You didn't like that remember?"

"I remember. You can start a family by adopting unless you still gamble and smoke weed."

"Why do you think i smoked?"

"I know you did, Layla."

"Alright just a little bit. I don't do it now."

"Mkay."

"But i don't want kids. They're a lot of time and money and i don't have a lot of either."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'll move far away and have better luck with a man somewhere else."

"You only like men?x

"Yeah. I liked a girl for a while. But she was the only girl I liked. But that was forever ago." Is she talking about me? "Did she like girls?"

"No. She didn't know I liked her. I never told her."

"Oh. Maybe you'll tell her one day."

"Maybe."

Awkward silence.

"I'm gonna go Devine. Bye."

"Bye." She hung up. Is she depressed because of me?