28

I wake up hearing Joshua cry. Fuck did we fall asleep again? I look at the time. It's almost time to get my kids. "Dallas wake up."

"Hm?"

"It's almost two thirty." He sat up. I get up and get dressed. "We need to fix this."

"Mommy!" I go downstairs. "Hey sweetie. I'm sorry." I pick him up. He doesn't know where he is. I rock him. Dallas came down. "Let's go."

"I think we shouldn't do that when we have something important."

"Yeah probably."
~~~~~~~
A few weeks later.
It's so hard to bake cookies with kids. I already made two batches. "Can I have one mommy?"

"No. These are not for you. Go sit down."

"Just one?"

"No." She ran out. I put them in the oven. Damn I have a headache. I sit down for a second. I'm getting dizzy. I'm just gonna close my eyes.

Dallas pov.
"If we take away the art classes and the gym, you'll have your money back..."

"But if I cut them what would my kids do? They need classes like that."

"Do you want your money or not?" My phone rang. It's Devine. Must be something important. "I need to take this sorry."

"No problem."

"Hello?"

"Hi Dallas."

"Hi Faith is your mom okay?"

"She's sleeping and we're making cookies."

"Cookies? Then she shouldn't be sleeping, can you wake her up?"

"No. She's so tired. So so tired."

"So she's not waking up?"

"No. She's so tired."

"Okay. I'm coming."

"Okay." I hang up. "I gotta go. My girlfriend passed out and she's baking cookies with kids in the house."

"Okay. I understand. We can finish this Monday."

"Alright." I rushed out telling everyone I was leaving.
~~~~~~~~
I knock on the door. "Faith, it's Dallas open the door." I hear it unlock. Then a few seconds later it opened. "Where's your mom?"

"At the table." I went to her. "Devine."  I picked her up and took her upstairs to her room. I don't think she needs to go to the hospital. I grab a wet towel and put it on her forehead. She's probably hot. I take the sweater off of her. I'm gonna get her some water then leave her alone.
~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder if she'll mind if I bring my kids over. I just try not to leave them at the house alone anymore. Well I'm already here so. "Where are we?"

"Devine's house."

"For what?"

"She's sick. I don't trust you guys home alone anymore. Get out." They groaned. We got out of the car. I go in the house. "Dallas!" I look at Devine walking around. "Woah Devine. What are you doing?"

"I'm walking around."

"Do you feel better?"

"I guess."

"Okay but I still think you should sit down."

"Okay." She looked at my kids. "Hey guys. What a surprise." She sat down. "Welcome to my house. These are my kids. Faith Demi and Josh. Say hi guys. Be nice." They ran around them. "That's River and Paris." They are so adorable. "Can you finish my cookies? I was making them for the event.x

"I don't know if that's happening."

"Why not?"

"They wanna cut out my art and gym class. So I can get money. What do you think?x

"The kids need those classes."

"That's what I said but they could care less about the kids.x

"Well if you don't cut them, we still earn money from charity and you get to keep them."

"Yeah but what if we don't get any money?"

"We will."

"Where can my kids go?"

"They can go in the den downstairs if they want."

"Okay. Come on guys."

"We can't go home?"

"We'll go tonight."

"Ugh."
~~~~~
"She's gonna to be our new mom Paris."

"It wouldn't be that bad, she's nice."

"Nice? She's trying to change dad. That day I skipped, she was there. Dad made me go to after school tutoring. Just because of her."

"Dad just wants the best for us."

"We were fine. We gotta get rid of her."

"Whatever." I see what's going on. I go upstairs. "Your son doesn't like me very much."

"We'll fix that. He'll get used to it."

"I'll never be the mom they loved."

"Don't say that. They're gonna love you. Once Paris starts liking you then River will follow suit."

"I hope so."

"Why did you bring it up? Did you hear something?"

"I did. River wants me gone."

"You're not going anywhere." He hugged me. I almost wanna cry. "We're gonna go home. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. At the event right?"

"Yeah. I'm not cutting my programs."

"Good cause you don't want me to kill you."

"Okayyyyyy...it's time for me to go. I'll talk to River."

"Okay bye."

"Bye love. By the way..... nevermind."

"What?*

"Nevermind." He kissed me and smiled as he walked out. Why would he do that?