They want to be noticed, he realized. He nearly face palmed as he remembered the whole point of the sports festival. It draws attention from all over the country; a chance for students to show off and spike peoples interests. If the analysts get noticed by the right crowd then they could get an internship or a possible employer once out of school. It's just like what Hatsume said about the support course showing off their inventions (or babies in her words). 

That's good. Maybe it will make an analyst student like himself trying so hard to do well seem less suspicious. 

Suddenly Present Mic's voice boomed through the speakers saying, "For those of you who thought the first round was easy, lets see how you feel about the second one!"

That's when he saw the next challenge. He could see it up ahead a couple dozen meters and dreaded it. A deep chasm stretched across the center of the track. Large pillars of stone stuck out from the ground, each connected by lengths of rope. He has no doubt Cementos had a part to play in it's making. 

He reached the edge of the chasm and glared into it's deep pits. He doubts he would make it out alive if he fell, and if he did survive, he'd have more broken bones than he can count. Jumping to the nearer pillars is too risky. Even going across the ropes is dangerous and likely too slow. 

A loud squeal caught his attention and he turned just in time to watch Hatsume shoot a grappling hook at the other side of the chasm and dive of the edge. He sighed as he heard her shout something about customers watching her use her babies. From where she'd just dove from, he spotted Uraraka and a pink skinned girl. He remembers watching her in the training rooms one day with Shinsou. Her quirk has something to do with an acidic substance. 

Wait a minute. He glanced at the scrap under his arm and then back at Uraraka. He might have an idea on how to get across. 

He ran over to Uraraka and practically shoved the metal scrap towards her. She gasped. "Deku I- oh! What are you doing?"

"No time to explain. I have a way across," he quickly said. "Can you use your quirk?"

"You know I'll throw up. I'm saving it for-"

"I know, I know." He gestured to the metal scrap. "But this is small. Can you use your quirk on it?"

She seemed to hesitate. Her eyes flicked past him to where Iida, Shouto and Kacchan were making their way across the obstacle quickly. When she looked back at him, there was a determined light to her eyes. She nodded firmly. "I hope you know what you're doing Deku."

"I do."

The scrap floated in the air as he activated her quirk. He helped her hop on to it before taking a step back. With all the speed he could muster, he ran towards the edge, pushing the metal scrap with Uraraka on it. 

"Hold on!" He shouted before giving it a final push and jumping on himself. He squeezed his eyes shut, praying that Uraraka's quirk wouldn't give out. When nothing happened, he peeled his eyes open to see them gliding across the chasm. Next to him Uraraka let out a loud whoop and he grinned. 

"What's this?" he heard Present Mic shout. "Are those students working together?! That's not something you see everyday, hey Eraser?"

The two of them reached the end of the chasm just as Eraserhead said into the speaker, "This is a competition but there's nothing against helping others out. If anything, it shows these students have the makings of heroes. Heroes work with others all the time, even in training and festivals like this."

"High praise coming from you Eraser."

"It wasn't praise. I was making a point."

"Sure."