Izuku looked upon the robots in awe. So these are what the hero course students went up against? He's almost glad he didn't hand in his application on time for the analyst entrance exam, not wanting to know what sort of challenge they had to do. 

"I bet we're in for a treat here! A test of strength and cunning!" Present Mic's voice carried over the stadium. "It's a robo inferno!"

It's a death wish is what it is. U.A. really loves the saying 'go big or go home'. Plus Ultra, he guesses. 

Before he had the chance to come up with a plan to defeat the robots, Shouto was turning the ground to ice, raising his hand for an attack. He was close enough to him that he could catch him saying, "I wish they'd given something a little more challenging, especially since my dear old dad is watching."

One of the robots reached down towards Shouto but didn't make it far before it was enveloped in ice. Shouto's quirk took advantage of all the robots, each of them freezing in place. Izuku gaped at the sight, gazing at the ice that climbed up every bit of metal. He found himself unable to look away from where Shouto stood, arm outstretched and hair shifting in the gust of wind his sudden attack caused. 

Whoa, he's powerful. 

Really who could blame him for being in awe of the boy before him as he rendered the obstacles completely useless. It was beautiful, in a horrifying way, how the robots were frozen, ice shards covering every inch and glistening in the sun with Shouto standing at the front of it all. Or maybe he was just beautiful. Izuku wasn't sure but he admired it nonetheless. 

Shouto didn't stay still for long, dashing off between the legs of the robots. Several people moved to follow him when he shouted back at them, "Careful now. I froze them when they were off their balance. . . on purpose."

A grin stretched across Izuku's face. So cool, but such a dick move. 

Creaking noises filled Izuku's ears as the robots leaned forward and fell to the ground. He quickly turned away in time for a cloud of dust to appear. He coughed into his arm, choking on the dust. When he turned back to the remains of the robots, he noticed several smaller ones emerging. He frowned. Great. Shouto didn't even get rid of them all so they still have to deal with them. He's seriously cursing out the guys good strategy now. 

Something broke through the top of the ruined robots and he heard a proud shout of, "I'm alive!"

Izuku watched the 1-A redhead (whose name he really should learn) stand atop the pile of robots victoriously. Next to him, another guy with skin like silver burst through the rubble. Huh. They both seem to have quirks that turn their skin weird. The redheads arms look like they're made of stone. Maybe he can find a way to work with that, get them to help him? It was too late to ask now though, they were already running off along with several other members of 1-A.

Come on Izuku, think, he thought to himself, What can I do? I can't just stand here and watch these guys fly past!

A glint of green caught his eye as he jumped out of the way of an incoming robot. There was a piece of metal from one of the robots Shouto demolished on the ground. He dived for it, noticing the robot that he'd just dodged was still trained on him. Just in time he swooped down and picked up the metal scrap, swinging it backwards and bashing it into the robots head. It went down with a satisfying thud. 

Figuring there was no more time to waste, he tucked the metal scrap and his arm and ran for the next obstacle. Hopefully the scrap will come in handy later. Without support gear or a quirk, it's his best bet for an offensive (and possibly defensive) attack. 

His legs hurt as he ran to catch up with those in the lead. He knows Shinsou said it's best if he holds back and doesn't draw attention to himself but he's also not trying to win, he just wants to make an impression. On one person in particular. Around him, he noticed students he recognizes from his own class doing the same. They seemed to be trying to stick out as much as they could. Actually, taking a second look at them, it's only the analysts and not the aspiring heroes that are doing so.