Chapter Twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

"These will help keep you together."

Mew and Gulf gladly received the gift from the monk. "Thank you for these, brother," Gulf said.

The monk nodded and patted Mew's arm. "Take care of Somchai. Take care of each other." After the head monk had said that, he left the place together with the other monks.

All that was left in the venue were Mew and Gulf, and their companions.

"I guess this calls for a celebration?" Off said, as he smiled.

Mew and Gulf just looked at each other. Mew then shrugged his shoulders.

"Welcome, back, Gulf," Bright said, as he smiled at the two.

"We'll just spend the night at the hotel where we are booked. How about you, Mew?" Toptap said.

Gulf looked at Mew, then bowed his head. "He's leaving." Gulf thought to himself.

What Gulf did was left unnoticed by Mew. He knows Gulf too well. If something bothers him, it will definitely show in his actions.

"I'll just stay here. Gulf wants to spend the night here before he flies back to Bangkok with us." Mew said, which earned naughty stares and cooing from their companion.

When Gulf realized what they are trying to imply, he ducked his head to hide his flushed face.

"It's not what you're thinking." Mew deadpanned.

"Okay, it's not...." Up said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Mew widened his eyes and glared at him. "What? I mean... you might have missed each other..."

"Cut it, snowball." Mew then rolled his eyes.

"If you say so.." up said, as he smirked. Kao did the same.

"These crackheads. Wait till I get back to you." Mew thought to himself.

"Alright. We'll take our leave now. We'll call you tomorrow once we're about to leave. Enjoy your night, lovebirds." Off said, as they head out of the orphanage.

Gulf just stared at their backs, as they head out one by one. "Wait."

They swished their heads to Gulf when he stopped them.

"Why? What's wrong?" Toptap asked his brother and immediately went to him.

"Please at least have dinner before you leave," Gulf said.

"We're fine, P'. The hotel has food for us." Win said.

"Please? I'll make it real quick." Gulf said as he stared at others.

Gulf pouted, and can't hide the disappointment on his face. Off noticed it, and decided to give in to him.

"Okay. I'm kind of hungry actually." Off said as he laughed and playfully touched his stomach.

Saint slapped his brother's arm, but Off glared at him and smiled. Saint was able to get the message and eagerly nodded.

"Yeah. I'm also hungry. We'll have dinner here."

Gulf's face lit up. "Okay. I'll head to the kitchen to prepare dinner."

Gulf was about to leave when Mew caught his hand. "Do you want me to help you?"

Gulf smiled and nodded. The two then headed to the kitchen.

Others who were left in the reception area of the orphanage just looked at each other.

"My brother is still smitten with your brother," Off said to Toptap.

"Looks like he is. He definitely never changed." Toptap said, as he happily watched the two head to the kitchen.