Chapter Fourteen

>Bangkok, Thailand (2021)<

A guy in his 20s is busy working on his laptop when he heard a knock on the door of his office. He didn't remove his eyes from the laptop screen and just said, "Come in."

A tall guy with a bouquet entered the office. He smiled upon seeing the beautiful man sitting on the office chair. "He's doing it again." The guy muttered to himself. He inched closer to the beautiful man and handed him the bouquet.

"For you."

The beautiful man looked at the bouquet, then the guy, and smiled. He gratefully received the flowers and smelled them.

"I told you not to bring me any flowers. You're just wasting your money." Gulf said as he smelled the bouquet of tulips.

"Hmm... I don't think so. You seem to like it." Kao said as he sat on the couch across Gulf's table.

It has been a year since the incident happened. Though Gulf survived his critical state after his fall, he had selective amnesia. He gained back most of his memories, but there are some that he couldn't remember. He can't even remember his friends from college when they visited him at the hospital.

Kao also had a hard time gaining back Gulf's trust, as he can't also remember him. Ohm, Kao's brother, said that with continuous therapy, he might recover back his lost memories. However, Ohm said that Gulf needs to be exposed to things or people that will trigger his subconscious to remember again.

Toptap said that what happened might have been a blessing in disguise. Gulf completely forgot all his memories with Mew. Gulf can't remember anything during the period of his relationship with Mew. Ohm said, that Gulf might have regressed and chose to only remember some memories. Extreme stress and traumatic events might have caused him to completely forget everything about Mew.

"You're overworking yourself again. Get some rest." Kao said as he looked at Gulf who was seriously working on his laptop.

"I have to finish some things before I go home. I don't want to bring home any work." Gulf said as he smiled at Kao.

Kao can only look at Gulf. Ever since Gulf came back to his normal health, he had been so workaholic. After he got his degree, he didn't even wait for a day and started working on their family's business. Toptap doesn't want Gulf to work immediately since he can still manage it himself.

However, Gulf insisted, saying that he was bored at home. Toptap was left with no choice, but to allow Gulf to work, since their cafés are growing across the country.

Kao went to Gulf and hugged him from behind. He kissed his cheeks before he turned Gulf's office chair and caught the latter's lips. Gulf responded, but he abruptly ended their kiss.

This is another thing that Kao also noticed. Gulf seemed to be so distant with touches and skinship. He was not like this before the incident. Kao can't even hold Gulf's hand that long since the latter would remove his hand from his hold.

Kao just chose to ignore it, since he loves Gulf. At the same time, he's hurt and worried. Hurt, because his sunshine seems to be a different person now. Worried, because he's scared that Gulf might not want him in his life anymore.

He bit his lip before he went to the door. "I'll just wait outside, Hun. I'll have some coffee before we go home."

"Hmmm... 'kay," Gulf said, as his focus went back to his laptop. Kao just sighed and went out before closing the door.

Once Kao was out of the office, Gulf looked at the door. He then sighed and looked at the promise ring on his finger that Kao gave him.

"I don't understand but this ring feels so heavy on my finger. So heavy that I want to take it off."