Chapter Eight (Part 1)

Win was playing free fire on his phone when he heard their doorbell ring. He ignored it and continued playing when it rang again. He looked in their gate's direction and muttered, "One more ring, and I'll kill whoever is behind that damn gate."

To Win's dismay, the doorbell rang again, and he lost his focus and got killed in the game.

"Shia! Oiiiiiiii!!!! This is an important game. Why did you choose to disturb me now?!"

Win went out of their house to their gate. He's so furious. Who the hell would go to their house on a Saturday? None of them are expecting any guests.

When he opened the gate, he saw a guy standing in front of their gate. The guy looks familiar. Had he seen him before? The guy is wearing a uniform for a delivery service company. The guy smiled at him and handed him a bouquet. Win was puzzled. Why the hell would this guy give him flowers?

"Hi. I'm Up. I'm here to deliver these flowers for Khun Gulf." Said the delivery guy and then showed his bunny teeth.

Win was taken aback. "Okay. So those flowers are not for me. Whew!" He thought to himself. He looked at the guy again, who was still handing him the bouquet.

"Isn't this a scam? We did not order anything today. Besides, my brother won't order a bouquet."

Up laughed. "Oh no, sir. This is already paid. I was asked by the customer who ordered this to deliver it here."

Upon hearing what the delivery guy said, Win smiled ear to ear. He's having thoughts already about who might have sent the flowers. He gladly accepted it.

"Please sign here, sir. Just proof that the order was delivered." Up then handed Win a piece of paper to sign.

"Do you happen to know who ordered this?" Win asked. He's wondering whether it was Dr. Kao who ordered the flowers.

"I'm sorry, sir. I have no idea. I was only given instructions by the owner of the flower shop, where this was ordered."

"I see. Thanks."

Just that, and Win closed their gate

Just that, and Win closed their gate. He looked at the bouquet. It was a bouquet of daisies. Win smiled to himself and walked inside while muttering, "That doctor has good taste."

_________________________

Up was done for today's delivery. After this, he'll go home and change since he still has a class for his master's degree. He was driving his motorbike along an almost empty intersection. He applied a brake when he noticed that it was a red light. After waiting several minutes, he released the brake and drove across the road since only several cars were in the area.

To his surprise, a black car is making its way toward him. The car's headlights blinded him. He tightly shut his eyes and prayed silently.

The next thing he knew, he was already lying on the road, and his motorbike was also lying down. He sat up and checked himself. He huffed air in relief when he didn't feel any pain in his body, nor did he see any wounds. The car owner immediately went out of his car and attended to him.