Chapter Twenty-nine

Up nudged Kao as they were watching Mew and Gulf from the gap of the door outside.

"See? I told you that it was Gulf that I saw, but you won't believe me." Up said as he snorted at Kao.

"I didn't know that it was actually him. Who would've thought that he's alive?" Kao said, as he held Up's hand.

Up furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side. It was left unnoticed by Kao.

"Is there something wrong?" Kao asked.

"I was just thinking... if Gulf is alive, then who the hell did we cremate and grieve for years ago?" Up said.

Kao also went into thinking. "Yeah. Who was it then? We had it confirmed by the airline company, and Gulf was indeed one of the passengers. That body that was cremated was found on his seat number."

"But a test was not done to confirm whether it was actually him. Why didn't we think of that?" Up said.

"Everybody was all over the place that time. We couldn't even think straight. What's important is, he's alive." Kao said, as he smiled and placed his arm on Up's shoulder.

Up held Kao's hand. "Yeah. But it would be also nice if we can find the true family of the victim we had cremated."

"Let's do that after this. Let's go to the venue and help them with the program."

Up nodded, and both of them went into the place where the event is being held.

----------------------------

The event was a success. The foundation decided to give all of the kids a scholarship, and personal supplies. They also decided to add medical supplies, as well as food supplies to the orphanage. The monks are so thankful for their generosity. After the event, the monks thanked them for the event.

"Thank you so much for your generosity. Your donations mean a lot to us, especially the kids." One of the monks said.

Mew just smiled and held Gulf's hand tighter. "I should be the one thanking all of you, brother. All these years, you had kept my fiancé safe and well. These donations cannot compare to how thankful I am to you." He then kissed Gulf's hand, while looking into his eyes.

Gulf gave him a smile and bowed to the monk. "Brother, thank you so much for taking care of me, and for saving my life."

The monk patted Gulf and smiled. "We're glad to do that, Somchai. You have been a blessing not only to us but to the kids as well."

"We will miss you for sure."

Gulf just gave a sad smile. The orphanage had been his home for the last couple of years. It has become his safe haven. Just the thought of leaving makes his heart ache so badly.

"You can always come by anytime you want. The kids will be happy to see you." The monk said, so as to console him.

Gulf bit his lip and looked at Mew. "Can we do that?"

Mew smiled and ruffled Gulf's hair. "Of course, love. We can come here anytime you want."

Gulf gave Mew a smile. Just then, the head monk went to the couple. He blessed them and gave them two sets of bracelets.

"I knew all along that this day will come. The moment I saw the ring on Somchai's finger, I knew that someday, his other half will come to see him again."

"I already blessed these bracelets for you. Wear this to always have protection around you. The red string bracelets will bring you protection, good luck, strength, faith, and connection."