Chapter 45

"Mom..." Chan said when the other side of the call was picked up.

"Oh Chan hello. What happened? Why have you called this late? Baby is everything right?" his mother replied in sleepy tone.

"Uh..yes everything is fine just..Y/n--"

"What happened to her?" his mother panicked.

"Yeah mom she's fine. Just her head is aching a lot. She's throbbing even if I try to massage it. She is actually drunk right now 'cause she went to hangout with her friend. Before going there, she of course asked me and I said yes 'cause her happiness matters but right now her head is really aching. What do I do?"

His mother smiled listening his words. 'He is finally looking at someone in a caring way again.' She thought to herself.

"There was no need to explain that Chan-ah, of course her happiness matters. Now see as her head is aching and she is drunk, first prepare her hangover soup. Then massage her head very gently. Use ice packs to make her feel better but not for a long time or else she would catch a cold alright? If its worse, then call the doctor or can I-"

"No mom you don't have to come over. Its fine. As you told I will try everything of that. Thank you and I guess you should go back to sleep."

"Fine I won't come but take care of her and yours too. Bye honey. Good night."

He shoved the phone in his pocket as soon as the call ends. He went inside the kitchen and as told, tried to make hangover soup and got some ice packs from the fridge.

Whilst in Y/n's room, she was lied down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling blankly. Her body felt weak so she didn't wish to move even a muscle. She was waiting for Chan to come back. Her eyes got teary again. The pain was unbearable. She felt herself scooting in her anxious zone again. She hated that.

'What if Taehoon didn't get there on time?'

'What if Daehyun had already shoved the pills in my mouth?'

'What if he had touched me more without my consent?'

"What if? What if?" she asked herself and covered her face to cry in it. She felt helpless. She wanted to vent down to someone very badly, she wanted to tell this to Chan. But again, he would ask her to stay away from him. She really needed comfort. Chan didn't know what happen but still he was helping her out in every way possible. Now as well he was preparing her food and trying to ease her head ache. But what she really wanted is to break down in front of him and tell him everything she was feeling.

She heard a knock on the door. She quickly wiped her tears and there entered Chan with a tray of a bowl of soup and with ice pack in other hand. He smilingly walked to her and settled the things on the bedside.

"Y/n.."

"Hmm." she always hummed whenever Chan ask or tell her something. She knew if she start talking, she will cry out.

"Please get up. I made some hangover soup. Time to eat." he said.

She shook her head still staring at the ceiling. She wasn't high anymore but still out of her senses. "Don't want to eat. My throat hurts."

"I know that's why I made a soup. You just have to chug it down yeah? Please?"

Y/n sighed and tried to get up with Chan's help. She rested her back on the headboard and Chan sat in front of her. He took the bowl in his hand and blew on the spoonful of soup.

"Here Y/nnie say AAA." he smiled trying to make her happy. They felt dejavu of the time when y/n used to feed Chan when his arm was injured.

She smiled slightly and opened her mouth. She was still having problem in chugging but that wasn't much painful though. She didn't wish to eat but Chan insisted and she ended up eating everything. He gave her pain killers.

"Umm..I guess you should go to sleep now." he said.

"Cha–"

"I'm here Y/n-ah, I'm not going anywhere. Not until you are asleep."

"So-sorry."

"No need to be sorry. You have already done a lot for me. It's time for me to do something for you now." he said.

He helped her lie down and kept the ice pack on her head. She flinched by the sudden cold feeling. He held her left hand to ease the pain. Once she was used to it, she relaxed. She felt bad that Chan was looking after her when she was assigned and loved to do it for him. It was always her who scolded him for not sleeping on time and now here he is trying to help her sleep. He creased and massaged her head carefully. Slowly slowly Y/n's eyes felt heavy and soon she drifted off to sleep.

Chan watched the frail girl in front of him. Her eyebrows were knitted together. Chan sighed and rubbed the middle of her eyebrows with his thumb and soon the frown was gone. Her eyes were gently closed. Her big eye lashes falling on her cheek. Her lips which she was biting the whole time were red and swollen. Her face was totally red. He noticed everything and then his eyes landed on her neck. Those fingerprints were very slightly visible. And the bites and scratches too.

He left her hand carefully and opened her bedside table. He found a soothing cream there. He twisted it open. He held Y/n's hoodie in his hands and pulled it down carefully not wanted to wake her up. Her collarbones were displayed. He then rubbed the cream on Y/n neck where there were marks and bites.

He sighed again. It was midnight so calling Taehoon or anyone else at this hour was not a great idea. He didn't wish to leave her alone so he thought to rest in her room itself. He lied down facing her and creased Y/n's silky locks and other hand still in Y/n's hold. He closed his eyes as well and before sleeping he put away the ice pack which was on Y/n's head.

Three hours passed and the two of them were sleeping peacefully in Y/n's room. At least one of them was sleeping peacefully.

"No!" a scream was heard. Chan jolted up from his sleep when he heard that.

"Y/n.." the girl looked at him with tears in her eyes and without any thought she hugged him to life. Her grip was very tight. Chan responded the hug immediately.

"Ch-"

"Shh..I am not going anywhere. Its fine." he rubbed her back.

She curled herself in a ball and her face was in the crook of his neck. She was shivering violently. Chan kept his chin on her head and uttered comforting words as he cradled her back and forth. Y/n just kept her eyes closed shut as she cried out. Her mind was full of the things happened in the club before.

Minutes passed but she wasn't getting any better. Chan let go of the hug and looked at her. She whined at the lost of contact. He cupped her cheeks,

"Y/n-ah, you are fine alright? It was just a nightmare. Wanna talk about it?" he asked softly.

She cried more and shook her head. Chan understood and smiled. He nodded in agreement. To make her feel better, he leaned in. When he was close enough to her, he closed his eyes and pressed his lips on her left eye and same with right one. Y/n relaxed slowly.

"You are fine. It was just a nightmare hmm? Whatever you are feeling right now, will go away. I will help you to fight with it alright?" he assured her.

Her heart fluttered when he kissed her forehead next and the words he spoke. She nodded finally.

Chan himself didn't understand why he did that? Yes he was worried as hell about Y/n's current condition. Also he didn't want to force her. Everything was blurry and messy. He wanted to protect her from everything. He was also afraid of what happened before. Daehyun was a dangerous guy. Meet him once and he will make your life hell. He wished it wasn't related to Daehyun. Everything but him. Chan was hoping Y/n to get well with the next sunrise. He started blaming himself for not going with her.

—————————★————————

I uploaded!!!
I said I won't be able to but I did hehe!!
My exam went well (after a very long time)

Leeknow Seungmin looks so good in the unit teaser!! ❤️

Thank you for reading 💞