Chapter 36

"Oh Chan is here." announced Mrs. Bang watching Chan and Y/n entering their office building. Usually parents are happy to see their child after a long time but Chan's parents were more nervous.

'Will he be able to present well today? He won't mess up again right?' were the only thoughts which crossed their minds.

"Hello dad, hello mom, hello Mr. Lim." Chan bowed nervously to his parents and his father's PA.

"Hello son. How are you?" Chan's mother asked with a smile. Watching that Chan's heart melt. He wanted that smile to be forever stuck on their parents face.

"I'm..fine." he simply answered.

"And who's this?" she asked looking at Y/n. "Oh you must be Y/n right?"

Y/n was nervous too now. She didn't expect this to be so nerve-wracking.

"Uh..yes. I'm Jung Y/n." she replied with a soft smile as the other lady.

"Chan you are ready right?" his father questioned. Chan didn't want to face it. He was afraid of his father since the day his parents got to know about his addiction. He nodded a bit.

"I don't want any mistakes today a-" his father couldn't finish his words when two cheerful voices were heard. They were indeed Chan's siblings. Chan got very anxious. Y/n slightly rubbed his back. Chan looked at her and Y/n nodded in a assuring way. Even Chan's siblings were wearing formals like everyone.

'They are pretty young to know about business.' y/n thought to herself.

"Dad! Mom!" both of them shrieked and hugged Mr. and Mrs. Bang at the same time. Four of them hugging after their reunion. Chan watched them with a smile plastered on his face. Y/n was waiting for Chan to join too but he didn't. He wanted to but he was hesitant. He was afraid he would be left out and ruin their mood so he stood still watching the rest of his family happily in a group hug.

'They must be happy without me. I couldn't become a good son and big brother to them.' he thought.

"Oh my God! My babies I am seeing you after so long. I missed you." said their mother.

"We missed you too mom." Chan's brother Hajoon said.

'Chan miss you too.' y/n thought.

"How was your journey? Jetlags?" his concerned father asked.

'Chan's condition is more concerning'

"No dad we are fine. We slept the whole time during the flight." this time the youngest Sohee answered to which the rest of them other than Chan and Y/n laughed. Y/n didn't know what to do and Chan was busily admiring his family in his loving eyes.

"Hey..Chan hyung." he was snapped out when his brother said this.

"Uh..uh." the poor guy wasn't believing his brother talked to him. "He-hello Hajoon..hello Sohee."

"Chan you better don't shutter in the presentation like this." his father warned in a stern way. Again Y/n was quick to slid her hand in his.

________

"Chan its gonna be fine. Now take a deep breath." Y/n asked and he did. "You got this." she said and Chan walked towards the opposite side of the room.

All eyes were fixed on him. His insecurities kicked in when he saw people over there not that interested in the presentation. As Y/n told him, he ignored that and started his work.

"Good morning everyone. I am the representative of Bang Corporation, Bang Chan. I don't think we should waste any time now and let's go directly on the topic we are here for." he said in one go. He didn't shutter. Y/n who was watching him felt happy that he was confident.

The rest of the presentation he did well. Many investors took interest in his explanations. His parents was finally relieved and the younger Bangs were happy to see this professional side of their bother.

After an hour or so the two corporations were now discussing their partnership in that business. Y/n as usual understood nothing. She sat their just watching Chan in heart eyes. How he got confident enough to pull out his thoughts and ideas, how he was explaining everything, how he was taking in every information from the other team. Also, his father and Chan were often taking each others opinions into consideration. It was a good sight to Y/n's eyes. And also for Mrs. Bang.

"I think we should make the deal then?" Mr. Bang asked.

"Why not? You and your son explained and brought up very convincing deals so let's go with it." the ceo of another company said and shook hands with Mr. Bang and Chan. Soon the meeting was done. Everyone left the room except the Bangs and Y/n.

Before exiting the room, Mr. Bang turned towards Chan.

"Well done Chan." he said and the way Chan's face lit up, it was a very happy moment for him.

"I think you both should join us for the lunch." he added and Chan hesitate at first, thinking he will mess up somewhere but ultimately gave in knowing he would be spending time with his family. He can't let this chance go.

Others left the room leaving Chan and Y/n there. Chan immediately took a seat near him and let out a long sigh. He rubbed his temples and Y/n smiled and walked towards him. She grabbed the water glass kept on the table and handed it to Chan.

"You did great Chan-ah." she patted Chan's head.

"Ahhh y/n I was so nervous. Thank you so much for cheering me up!"

"I did nothing Cha-"

"You did! now shut up and accept my thank you." Y/n just laughed at the boy.

_________

"Chan oppa do you miss Australia?" asked Sohee. All of them were seated in a fancy restaurant. Y/n wasn't used to it but have to sit there. It was like a little reunion celebration of Bangs, so Y/n was contented with that thought.

"Yes Sohee I miss Australia a lot."

"I hope we could go there together as a family trip."

Her words made everyone smile. Chan was finally happy that his siblings were happy and comfortable around him even though they don't know about him that well. "By the way who is this unnie?" she added.

"Ahh..she-we-" Chan panicked.

"Umm Sohee, I am Chan's friend who is helping him out with his health."

Chan nodded hanging his head low in embarrassment.

"Y/n noona, I hope you will give us our old Channie hyung back." Chan almost broke down listening to the words of his siblings. He then knew he have to change for his family more than for himself.

They finally ate their lunch. Y/n now and then sneaking her hand in Chan's beneath the table just to assure him, he was doing a great job. The Bangs were happy together. For a moment they forgot that they met after a long time and the tension in their family. Y/n too was now comfortable with all of the new faces.

"Mom dad, can Channie oppa and Y/n unnie stay with us today?"

—————————★————————

I realized now to give three updates in a day is hard 😶 I mean I've resumed my studies and my anime list is just getting long day by day

Two updates daily will be fine. Hope you like this decision 😊