Chapter 31

Walking down the dark hallway, I came across a door with a single red light beaming down on it. I slowly twisted the knob, letting myself in. As I shut the door behind me, I noticed Roman leaning against the wall, undoing the tape on his hands. Seth was sitting on the couch, his vest unbuttoned and he was groaning in pain. Dean was nowhere to be found. The silence in the room was tense, other than the occasional groan from Seth, making me feel uncomfortable.

"Where's Dean?" I broke the silence and Roman looked up at me.

"He's with the doctor. He got pretty busted up after Dolph dragged you out. He should be back here soon though." I nodded and took a seat next to Seth, who gave me a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Kels, I thought we were going to win." Roman nodded his head in agreement while I shook mine.

"AJ cheated her way to victory. She used my own hand to tap while the referee was on the other side of her. He saw a hand tapping the mat and assumed I tapped so he rang the bell. It wasn't your fault. You guys did everything you could, I don't blame you one bit." I gave Seth a side hug, being careful of his bruised back, and pecked his cheek. "Don't worry about it. I still love you both."

Just as I was about to open my mouth again, Dean rushed in with a frantic look on his face. His hair was tousled and dry, making it look curlier than usual, and his arms had small bruises on them. I cringed; I can only imagine what his stomach and back looked like. His blue eyes found me and his face softened. He sighed and walked over to me, "Kelsey, I am so so sorry. I'm a horrible boyfriend."

I shook my head and hugged his waist, "Dean stop. I just got done telling these two that you did all you could to help me out. AJ cheated anyway, we would've pulled through if it wasn't for her." I intertwined my hands with is, "stop blaming yourself, okay?" Dean nodded and pulled me into his chest.

"I think AJ is looking for a bit of revenge." Romans deep voice made Dean, Seth, and I turn to face him, "Kelsey you're champion now. She's looking for a way to get closer to you just so she can find out your weakness and use that as her advantage to get the title back." I looked at Roman, wide-eyed. He was completely right.

Seth nodded, "he's got a point. I mean, why else would she want you to lose and work for Orton?" Dean tensed behind me at the mention of Randy.

"I swear to god, when I get my hands on him, I'm going to make sure he doesn't come back from the hospital." Dean clenched his fists, but I softly touched his arm, making his fists loosen up. Roman raised an eyebrow and his gaze dropped down to our hands, then he chuckled.

"Dean, you're whipped."

"Shut the fuck up Reigns. I'm not in the mood."

Before Roman could retaliate, a knock on the door interrupted us and Seth got up off his seat before opening the door a crack. He peeked his head out, "what do you want?"

"I'm here to retrieve Miss Davis, please." I heard the one and only, extremely annoying Paul Heyman tell Seth. Seth snickered.

"Sorry Paul, but you don't have the authority to do that, so if you would excuse us, we need to finish up a few things." Seth went to close the door but I saw Paul's pudgy foot stick between the door and doorframe, refusing to let the door close.

"Actually Mr. Rollins, that's where you're wrong. You see, Randy sent me to get her. And as he is her new mentor, she must come with me. If not, there will be serious consequences to pay."

Deans hands left my waist as he approached the door, opening it so Paul came into full sight. Paul's facial expression changed when he saw Dean, a fearful expression, might I add.