2.4

y/n pov: 

taehyun took a quick glance at her, turned back to ms jang, and said, "sorry teacher, i have someone in mind to pair with."

"hm? okay sure, who would that be?" ms jang asked.

"choi y/n," he said.

"is that the guy you talk about?" beomgyu asked, "you know? the guy you mention a lot..." 

"uh... yeah..." i replied. 

at that moment, beomgyu stood up and said, "ms jang! i think i would like to pair with taehyun instead! y/n doesn't want to and-" 

"get down," i said as i pulled his hand to make him sit back down, thereafter standing up and saying, "ms jang, i would be okay with pairing with him." yeahh you've put him down... right? all the past... yes.... 

"okay then, taehyun go stand beside y/n. next student..." 

"long time... no see..." he said. 

"y... yeah..." i replied. 

"we're still... friends right?" he asked. 

"uh... yeah?-" i replied. 

"good to know," he said, letting out a small smile. 

at that moment, beomgyu scooted over and whispered in my ear, "yah, i thought you never wanted anything to do with him again?" 

"we'll talk after this okay?" i said. 

"is that your friend?" taehyun asked. 

"ehh yeahh, my best friend in uni right now," i replied. 

"nice to meet you then, i'm taehyun. y'all seem quite close?" he said as i sensed a tinge of sadness in his voice. 

"beomgyu. yes, very close in fact," beomgyu said, putting an arm around me and pulling me over. 

"what's the big reaction for?" i asked, half-whispering. 

"at least he'll learn to distance himself from you??" he replied. 

"it's okay beomgyu, i've put it all behind me already," i said, slowly removing his grip on me.

taehyun pov: 

"is that your friend?" i asked y/n. 

"ehh yeahh, my best friend in uni right now," she replied. that voice... i missed this voice for the past month... 

"nice to meet you then, i'm taehyun. y'all seem quite close?" i asked. 

"beomgyu. yes, very close in fact," that other guy said as he put an arm around y/n and pulled her into his arms. maybe if i wasn't being such an asshole... it could've been me... i could've been that one friend who could be by her side... and maybe we could've... never mind... it's all over already... 

"it's okay beomgyu, i've put it all behind me already," i heard y/n say. 

yeah, i'm already part of her history, i don't even have a chance do i? sigh... it's okay, i should be content that we are even friends at this point... 

y/n pov:

>> time skip to rest time >> 

"buddies of the transferees please bring them around the school to familiarize themselves!" ms jang said before leaving the classroom. 

"uh beomgyu, i'll catch up with you later?" i asked him. 

"whyyyy? fine... i'll go... for now okay? remember to find me later," he said.

"will do," i replied as i bid him a little goodbye. 

after he left the classroom, and most of the classmates did, it was just me and taehyun in the classroom. 

"uhh, hey. how are you?" he asked. 

"i'm doing well... how are you? let's catch up about the past shall we?" i asked.

a.n double update cuz i'm feeling guilty for the lack of updates >< (553 words ;D)