Chapter 16 - Guest Area

Start from the beginning

"Perfect..."

Six mumbled, getting out her lighter and flicking it on, providing some light to the elevator which had gone completely dark.

"Great... now what?"

Mono groaned, getting his flashlight out and turning it on, pointing it at the elevator door, which remained closed. 

"Shadow Six, you better not be doing this right now..."

Looking around for a possible way out, Mono pointed his flashlight around the inside of the elevator. His breath hitched as a white flash was seen in the corner of the elevator, immediately turning to face it, but it was already gone by the time he aimed his light at it.

"Nice try."

The three gasped as a distorted, feminine voice was heard. The outline of an eye that was on the surface of the metal doors of the elevator began to glow red as she continued to speak.

"But I have eyes everywhere."

"Even in the bathrooms!?"

Six shushed Seven as he shouted back at her, the three huddling close together in the center of the elevator. 

"Judging from how foolish you three are, I'm surprised you..." She let out a plaintive sigh. "Killed one of my best clients..."

The elevator suddenly jolted downward, causing the three to jump in fear.

"You want to know who killed your best client!? It was ME! Not them!"

Mono raised his voice at her, taking a step forward and tightening his grip on the flashlight he was holding.

"Leave them out of this! It's me you want, not them!"

"No... it was..."

Six was at a loss for words, realizing what Mono was trying to do.

"Wait, Mono! You don't have to do this!"

Six grabbed his hand, slightly pulling him toward her. Mono glanced over his shoulder at her, frowning.

"Six, I don't want you to be in danger. Just stay out of it."

"But I want to help you! We fought your father together, it wasn't just you!"

The lady scoffed as Six begged for Mono not to face her alone.

"She's right, Mono. If we go after her together, we'll stand much more of a chance."

Seven stepped in, agreeing with Six.

"But... you two don't have to..."

"You want to die with him? Allow me to grant that wish."

One last scoff from the lady was heard before her voice went silent, the red glow that was coming from the eye disappearing. The sound of metal whining was heard as the elevator began to move ever so slightly downward.

"Uh oh."

SCREECH!!

Mono felt butterflies form in his stomach as the elevator suddenly began to fall. Six grabbed onto Mono's trenchcoat while Seven pressed his back up against the wall, clenching his teeth and bracing for impact.

"MONO!!"

"HANG ON!!"

Six wrapped her arms around Mono, burying her face in his shoulder as he put his hands out to the side, trying to stabilize his balance.

"UP THERE!"

Seven shouted as the elevator came to a halt as a hatch in the ceiling opened up, a rope ladder dropping down for the three to climb up to safety. Six raised her head, immediately making a run for it along with Mono and Seven.