Chapter 11 - The Kitchen

(Artwork by Ennuikal)

Mono panted, keeping his eye on Seven who was blowing a raspberry at the dazed chef. Six led the duo as they made their way up the miniature staircase, running past the table that the giant was collapsed over.

"Mono? Six? What are you guys doing here!?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing!"

Six called out, hopping onto the drawer and beginning to climb up it. Mono nervously turned around, making sure the chef was still staggered before placing his hands on the drawer, following Six, and climbing up along with her.

"You guys should've waited for me, I was gonna come back as soon as I found the bathroom!"

"What are you even talking about!?"

Mono looked at Seven like he was nuts as he motioned for them to climb up faster.

SMASH!!

The three gasped as the chef threw a meat cleaver between Mono and Six, jamming it into the drawer and causing it to shake.

"Hang on, I can take care of him!"

Seven picked up a glass shard that was next to him and threw it at the chef. The giant covered his face, the shard entering his forearm, blood seeping from the wound.

"Seven, stop! You're not helping!"

"Actually, I think I am!"

He let out a loud wail, pulling the shard out of his arm and reeling it back, throwing it at Seven who moved out of the way. It smacked against the wall and fell back down onto the floor.

"Well, shoot and a miss!"

Seven laughed at the chef as Six pulled herself up onto his level, standing up and looking down at Mono, who hoisted himself up onto their level around the same time she did.

"Alright, let's go before he starts-"

Seven was cut off as the chef ran up to the drawer and wrapped his meaty arms around it, letting out an annoying whine and shaking it back and forth. Mono nearly lost his footing, Six catching him before he could fall as Seven pushed open the vent in the wall next to them.

"Get in, now! Come on!"

Mono did not need to be told twice, immediately ducking into the vent and dropping down onto the floor below along with Six. Seven followed shortly after, taunting the chef one final time before dropping down into the room along with them.

"Ow..."

Seven shook his hand, a small cut on his palm beginning to bleed.

"What happened?"

"He got me with that glass shard..."

Six examined his hand as Seven sucked in air through his teeth.

"It's just a cut, don't be such a baby."

She teased him as he groaned, making a ball out of his fist in an attempt to numb the pain, but he only made it worse.

"Where are we, Mono?"

"I don't know... there's a vent right there, but it's out of reach, and there's a... meat grinder..?"

A large metal grinder was positioned on top of a table, next to it was a small opening in the wall that was too high up in the air for the three small children to reach.

"I can probably make that jump..."

Seven climbed up onto the table and gave himself a running start.