20. Enemies of the Heir

Start from the beginning

"Argus!" Dumbledore's authoritative voice echoed throughout the hallway.

Amelia watched as he examined the wall and swiftly but carefully picked up the cat and ordered Argus and the three Gryffindors to follow him. Indirectly, dismissing everyone else.

" What is a chamber of secrets?" Amelia asked Aries. Once they reached the common room all the students began to gossip about the incident. Some even say Harry Potter had something to do with it.

" I think it's like a myth about Hogwarts. I remember a 7th year talking about it back in my first year." Aries said.

" Is it in the history books?"

"It's a myth so I doubt it," Aries said.

Amelia sighed as the image of Mrs. Norris hanging haunted her mind. "You think the heir harmed Mrs. Norris?" Amelia wondered.

" I assumed it was a prank. Ya know how much people hate Filch."

" But not so much to willingly harm his cat!" Amelia exclaimed. " Do you think Draco might have a point? That the heir could go after muggle-borns?" The idea scared the Slytherin as she thought about Justin and the possible danger he could be in.

" You can't believe the things
Malfoy says"

○○○

For the next few weeks, the whole school talked about what happened on Halloween. Rumors flew around the castle of Harry Potter being the heir of Slytherin, which wasn't too far-fetched for some students considering he was the chosen one.

For Justin Finch-Fletcher, he was weary of Harry Potter. So much so that the moment he noticed he was walking toward Harry, Justin quickly turned around and walked off in the opposite direction.

Confused by the Hufflepuffs behavior, Harry walked to the library where he found Ron measuring his homework.

" Where's Hermione?"

" Over there," Ron said pointing behind him towards the tall shelves, " Think she looking for a new book."

Sitting down, Harry told Ron about Justin's weird behavior and the looks he's been getting from other students.

"Dunno why you care. I thought he was a bit of an idiot," said Ron, scribbling away, attempting to make his writing large, " He is friends with that traitor. Won't be surprised if she's the one feeding him lies about you." Ron said.

Realizing there isn't anything he can do about the stares, he let that worry go. He had bigger things to focus on.

The school bell echoed in the hallways as students rushed to their second class of the day.

Amelia sat in transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs.

" Am's," Justin whispered. Leaning slightly towards the ginger.

" What?" Amelia said as she scribbled down the important things McGonagall said.

" You think professor McGonagall would know about the chamber?" Although speaking in a whisper, Mcgonagall's eyes glanced at the pair. Her gaze narrowed down on them before moving on to explain how to turn a rabbit into slippers.

With a shrug to his question, Amelia continued listening to McGonagall.

" Can you ask?"