24

Zak woke up to the sweetly disturbing sound of nothing.

Such a dreaded yet peaceful noise. The sound of only thoughts chasing after each other. The sound of a fan spinning, a quiet hum sounding from the mechanics.

It was a sound Zak grew to hate, just pure silence. As much as he craved for silence, he wished it would disappear.

There was no exact reason Zak felt this way about the silence, he just did; ever since he was a kid he both was fond and wasn't of silence.

He glanced around at his surroundings, blinking away his tiredness as best as he could, letting out a silent sigh.

His mind began racing ever so slightly as he ran his fingers through his messed up hair, his breath calmer then usual.

He sat up, placing his hands down beside him. "Darryl!" He called out, waiting for his friend to respond with his honey-like voice.

When he got nothing in return he stood up, static clouding the corner of his eye from how quickly he stood, he mentally groaned, rubbing the side of his head with his hand.

"Darryl!?" He called out again, receiving silence, a frown fell upon his face, he glanced towards his phone—which lay on the wooden coffee table—he grabbed it.

He sat back down, unlocking his phone, noticing that Darryl had sent him a message a little over an hour ago.

'Hey! I just wanted to say that I went out, I'll be back later' the message read, Zak's stomach dropped.

He let out another sigh, placing his phone down and sinking back into the couch, letting his mind fill up with thoughts.

The more he thought about it, the more he didn't want to know what Darryl was doing, who he was with, and how he felt.

As selfish as that sounds, it was stupid how Darryl was worried to come visit Zak yet he's off somewhere without Zak.

But some part of him hoped that whatever Darryl was doing, he was either doing it for Zak, of thinking of him in some sort of way.

That's not bad, right?

Oh well.

Zak exited out of the app and headed for Twitter, deciding he could waste some time looking at stupid things, and perhaps people who got cancelled for the third time.

He scrolled through all the new tweets, reading some, liking a few, and every once and a while leaving a short reply.

Sooner or later he ended up finding himself in an oh so familiar tag with the name of SkephaloFanart.

He wasn't sure how he ended up on the tag, scrolling through countless drawings of him and his best friend.

But he was, and he wasn't just going to stop.

He would have felt guilty if he didn't feel so euphoric whenever he found specific ones that made his heart skip a beat.

For example; ones that have the two of them kissing, he was a sucker for those ones, even if he knew he'd never exactly experience it, he could hope.

Another one that would melt his heart is when the two would be hugging or holding hands, it all just seemed like something a couple would do and Zak was living for it.

He smiled to himself as he scrolled down, liking way more of the drawings then he should be.

After about thirty minutes he heard a knock on his door. He stood up, placing his phone down, not bothering to shut it off.

He opened the door, being immediately greeted by Darryl, and what looked like someone behind him.

"Uh- come in," He spoke, moving out of the way, he watched has his friend stepped into the apartment, giving Zak a better look at the person.

"I brought someone here for you to meet, is that okay?" Darryl said warmly, gesturing to the person that was standing outside the door.

Zak couldn't help but smile at the others voice, it warmed him.

Zak pushing his feeling aside, then glanced over at the person, his face falling, recognizing the girl, it was none other then cafe girl.

He looked her up and down before looking back at Darryl, holding back a small scoff and preparing for the worst.

"Yup." He muttered, trying to sound even a little bit enthusiastic, he watched as the girl stepped into his apartment.

He shut the door, his jaw clenched slightly before releasing, he turned back to them, giving the girl a forced smile.

"Why don't we take a seat on the couch?" Darryl suggested, now that didn't seem like a good sign.

Zak nodded solemnly, walking over to the couch with haste, sitting down on the furthest side away from the girl.

She looked full of herself, and maybe it was just Zak's mind messing with him because he was 'jealous' but he didn't have any intentions of talking to her.

"So, Zak I'd like you to meet Ava. Ava this is Zak," Darryl started, sending a warm smile towards Zak.

-

879 words. Short chapter, couldn't figure out how to extend it.

Some of y'all are smart af like holy crap-
anyways it's almost spooky season! :D

I hope you have a great day, night, or afternoon! ily!