23

Zak and Darryl arrived back at the apartment, though Zak didn't remember leaving the ice staking place.

All that was on his mind was the warmth he felt of his forehead before they left.

It took a bit to settle in on what actually happened, though Zak refused to believe it did happen.

Darryl kissed Zak.

Well, not really a proper kissed, but it was still a kiss so it counted either way.

In all honesty, Zak wanted to feel it again.

He wanted to feel the warmth again, the softness even.

The entire situation brought a thick blush to his face, he just hoped Darryl hadn't noticed at the time.

Zak groaned, sinking further down into his couch, he still had a headache, though it was much better then before.

"How do you feel?" Darryl asked slowly, walking over to Zak with a bowl of soup in his hands.

Zak looked over at him, then rubbed his eyes. "Better, I guess." He responded bluntly, leaning his cheek on his palm.

"That's good! Also, here, I made you some soup." Darryl handed him the bowl, smiling warmly before sitting down next to him.

Zak gladly took the bowl, blushing faintly from the gesture. "You didn't have to," He said, bringing the bowl to his lips.

"I know, but I did it anyways." He giggled a bit, watching Zak, a smile still plastered to his face.

Zak breathily laughed, then took a sip from the soup, internally cringing at how salty it was.

He sucked it up and continued drinking it, he wasn't going to say he didn't like it; that would crush his friends heart.

"Is it good?" Darryl asked hesitantly, looking at Zak in awe.

He simply nodded, going back to drinking the soup, though, in all honestly it was more like a bit of flavoring in water with a pound of salt added to it.

He glanced over at the older, who had a grin plastered onto his face, clearly holding back his happiness.

Zak chuckled a bit, then swallowed some of the soup a little too quick.

He started coughing, placing the bowl down, he covered his mouth, that was unexpected amount of salt.

He scrunched up his face a bit, the taste still in his mouth, making his body hurl.

Once he stopped coughing he ran his fingers through hair, then glanced over at Darryl.

He noticed the worried look on his face, Zak laughed slightly. "Wrong tube." He said, then glanced back at the bowl.

"Makes sense," Darryl said, leaning back slightly. He moved his hand, grabbing the tv remote.

Zak shuttered a bit, the taste of the soup stayed on his taste buds, it was horrific.

He shook his head, then looked at the tv, which was now on, he glanced over at Darryl, who, was scrolling through the different channels.

"What are you in the mood to watch?" Zak asked, leaning his head back on his cheek, his gaze staying on the other.

"I dunno, I kind of want to watch a movie but none sound interesting." Zak nodded in agreement.

-

A few hours had passed and Zak was fake sleeping.

Sure that doesn't sound to bad, but he's listening in on Darryl; who's on the phone.

"Calm down, calm down. I'll tell him soon, you muffinhead." Darryl mustered out.

Zak couldn't hear the person Darryl was talking to, so he knew he shouldn't take anything out of context.

But he was.

"Oh my goodness," Darryl said breathily, laughing slightly.

Zak shifted. The position he was in growing slightly uncomfortable. He turned onto his stomach.

"Okay, okay, you don't have to repeat it, I heard you the first twenty times."

Zak shifted again, this time it apparently caught Darryl's attention.

"Hey, I have to go. I will talk to you later. Bye Ava!" Darryl said cheerfully, Zak heard a small noise, indicating that Darryl hung up.

Who is Ava?

Is Ava the girl who was at the cafe? The girl Darryl left him for?

Zak pushed away his thoughts, not to keen on thinking about it at the moment

He was for sure going to think about it later, without a doubt, but just not now.

-

765 words. aYo-

It's nearly 2am, I dont know what I was thinking/doing while making this chapter, so I apologize for how unorganized and messy it is, I'll probably come back to it and rewrite the chapter soon lol

Also school starts soon, so that will be just so fun, totally, just totally.

Have a great day, night, or afternoon! Ily!