16

Just a heads up this chapter is an all dreaming chapter but its important for the plot!

-

The field came into view again, he was back at the forest.

The same forest that held the signs.

Zak sat up, since he was on the cold grass for some reason, as he stood, he noticed something shiny from the corner of his eye.

He let curiosity take over and walked over to the object, kneeling down to get a better look at it.

It was a small heart necklace, the silver chain held together by a clasp.

It was one of those half heart necklaces, the ones best friends or couples wear.

Zak picked it up and held it in his hand, slowly rising up to his feet, looking down at the sparkling object in his hands.

He smiled to himself, then undid the clasp that held the circle form, bringing his hands up and clasping the chain back together, now around his neck.

He looked down at the heart, a smile spread across his face, let out a lonely but happy laugh.

He looked up, this time the sky was no longer the color of the dying sunset. It was black.

Zak found it neat how the grass and trees seemed to be lit up when no lights were near and the sky was space black.

Zak shrugged it off and began walking, there was a stone pathway leading down a hill, so what better thing to do then go down?

And Zak did just that.

He made his way down the path slowly, trying not to make much noise incase someone was around, even if that seemed impossible.

Down he went and as soon as he reached the bottom of the hill, the pathway stopped.

There were three buildings in a triangle form, each lit up from an unknown light source.

In front of him stood a room that looked identical his apartment. The brick outline glistening in the unknown light source that shimmered the necklace that lay limp around his neck.

To the left of him, was the cafe he and Darryl went to, the coziness left him quickly as memories of the girl Darryl left him for flashed in his mind.

He shuddered and shook his head, shoving the memory back down into his heart. He would dwell on it later.

To the right of him, was a door, a door with nothing else attached to it, this caught his eyes quickly and he scurried for the handle.

He turned it and within it, was an entirely new setting and area, the only thing that stayed the same was the calming buzz of bees and the smell of warm spring flowers flowers.

Zak stood confused at the door, he shut it and opened it again, this time a new scene popped up.

It was dark, a type of dark you could still see in, though. A long hallway stretched out in front of him.

The walls were cement and the floor was a stained hotel pattered carpet. There was hardly any light that casted from the grim lights hanging from the ceiling, which, flickered on and off.