17

Zak jolted awake, his head throbbing from the endless thoughts racing within his mind, yet also from how fast he shot up.

He glanced around his room, rubbing his eyes to make sure he was awake and it wasn't a dream.

He had to squint slightly from the brightness piercing from the light overhead, waiting for his eyes to dial back to normal.

It took a few minutes and he finally realized that he was still on his couch, his friend nowhere to be seen.

"Just so you know, i'm going out with a friend tomorrow, ill most likely be gone by the time your up."

Darryl's words played back through his mind. a 'friend' who was this 'friend'?

He shook his head, trying to get rid of the throbbing pain that stayed in his mind. But it didn't go away, his mind trailing back to his dream.

Why was Cora there? What did she mean? Who was she talking about?

Thoughts ran through his mind and he held his breath, trying to calm himself even if it wasn't working.

He stood up despite the stinging coming from his brain and walked to his kitchen; it was attached to the living room so it was easy to get to.

He pulled out a few pans and opened the fridge, looks like Darryl went shopping. He smiled and grabbed the eggs.

He then proceeded to crack the egg over the pan, the stove was already on. He waited a bit, mainly scrolling through Twitter.

One tweet caught his eye, he was tagged in it. 'Anyone else notice how Skeppy seemed a bit aggro while on call?'

Almost everone in the comments seemed to agree, though there was a few saying things like 'Guys, hes a grown man. Dont baby him' or 'It's his business, not ours.'

Zak blinked several times, he knew he was unmuted; and that he, himself was frustrated at his friend, but he didn't think it was that obvious.

But overall, he was thankful to the few people who did say he was fine and was a grown man, kind of.

-

His eggs were done and he got himself some bread, popping it into a toaster, then waiting for the bread to well, actually toast.

After waiting around a minute he took the toast out and buttered it up, then grabbing a plate to put both the toast and eggs on.

His stomach rumbled as he slid the scrambled eggs onto a plate, setting the toast besides it.

-

Zak had finished his breakfast and sat on his phone, scrolling through youtube to watch a couple videos.

It had been around two hours since Darryl had left and Zak was nearly confident that he had gotten over being alone.

Key word: Nearly.

He did still feel uneasy about the whole 'Darryl going out with a friend' thing, but he didn't want to seem like one of those jealous high school girls.

He closed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair, smiling slightly. Even if he was smiling he felt a pit of emptiness within him. Something in his gut trying to tell him something, but he didn't know what.

His mind was still nagging with anticipation, still trying to figure out why he had the dream he did, and what his old friend meant.

He slumped further into his chair, holding his hair, slightly gripping it. But it wasn't to the point that it hurt, just a little tingle.

"Trust him."

Zak let out a sigh, then removed his hands from his dark hair, sitting up straight in his chair, feeling even more nauseous.

-

After a few minutes he stood up, knowing he would have to edit a video he was making, it was on one if his channels, a shorts channel that was practically all a joke.

He walked out his kitchen and went straight to his desk without hesitation, opening up Minecraft.

He wait for the game to load in and started running around, before quickly making sure he was recording.

Once he doubled checked, he went back to running around, then went in a cave to fine an artificial cave filled with emeralds, where, he made a emerald pickaxe.

-

After Zak recorded the video he went to his recording app, inputting the video and cutting it a bit. There was no talking, which made it easier to edit.

858 words. Filler chapter <3

A/N: Sorry I haven't been posting a lot, going through tired arc sadge. My goal for this book is to have it done by the beginning of summer- its a tough stretch but i may be able to do it (knowing me prob not xD) Anyways thank you so such for 1K reads! It really does mean so much to know that people are liking this book (also im going to be going back to old chapters and rewriting them a bit because there horrible, just so y'all know,) Also happy mothers day! Go give your mother a good ol' smooch on the cheek and touch some grass :)
                                                -Blueberry

Have a great day, night, or afternoon! Ily!