ten

a/n: the blue dress i'm imagining is at the top but if it's not your style, you're welcome to imagine whatever you'd like. :) alright, let's jump into it. 

"Blue or Red?" I held up the two dresses to my body. 

"The blue one. If you wear it, George will actually be able to see it." Nick said. 

I rolled my eyes, "Don't make fun of his colorblindness, and also good choice."

"I have amazing style." 

"Sure..." I said. 

"What are you gonna do at the party? Riley's mad at you and she probably won't speak to you. And, it'll look weird if you randomly hang out with George."

"I guess you're right...oh god Nick, what am I gonna do?!" 

"Maybe you should just tell Riley the truth. You've been stressed out for the past couple of days over this and it's getting out of hand, just come clean."

I sighed, "Nick, it isn't that easy."

"Why not? All you have to say is, Riley, me and George are dating, and then it's over." 

"That's not what I mean Nick! Okay, Riley's my bestfriend, she's been by my side ever since middle school. But, I care about George so much. I get this feeling when I'm around him, I can't explain it but, when I'm with him it- it's like nobody else matters. Like, it's just us. And, I'm afraid if I tell Riley, she'll take all that away from me..." 

"Feeling huh? You can't quite explain it? To me that kinda sounds like somebody's in love..."

"What? No, me and George just started dating, I don't love him."

"You've known the guy forever, it doesn't matter if you just started dating, you've probably always known."

I shook my head, "No, I don't love him. Look, I have to go change now. I'll text you if anything happens." 

"Oh uh, is everything good?"

"Yeah I'm okay. Just, in a hurry I guess. Okay, bye!" I said before hanging up on Nick. 

Why did Nick's words effect me so much? Did I really love George?

No, I don't.

That's just Nick trying to get into my head. 

Come on Ava, lets focus and get ready. 

I remember that night, when I didn't quite know what my feelings were towards George. 

I always think back to that night, I knew how I felt but, I was just scared.

God, I wish I had told him when I had the chance...

368 words. 

a/n: i would just like to say i went to the homecoming football game at my school the other day with my crush and we we're cuddling almost the whole time, it felt like a y/n moment.