nine

I woke up from the sound of somebody calling my phone. I groaned before rolling over to get my phone, I answered and was immediately greeted with screaming.

"AVAAAAAAAAAAAA!" 

"Nick, can you shut up for one second? I just woke up." 

"You JUST woke up?" 

"Yeah, I was up all night because of that photo George posted." 

"I was gonna ask you about that, what happened? I thought you guys we're keeping stuff on the down low so that Riley doesn't find out."

"Luckily, Riley doesn't follow George on Twitter so she won't see the photo. But, now everyone knows he has a girlfriend and I think George is mad at me for something I said..." 

"Oh, I know." 

"Wait, he told you?"

"He told me and Dream." 

"What did he say? Was he mad?"

"Not mad but, he was upset. But, Dream talked to him and made him understand why not streaming is a good idea." 

"So you think it's a good idea?"

"Of course it's a good idea. Nowadays, people be detectives. Like when that picture of Karl at the airport got leaked and everyone figured out we we're meeting up. JUST BY ONE PICTURE!" 

"That's exactly my point! Of course I wanna stream with my boyfriend but, I'm not ready for everyone to know about us." 

"Did you ask him to take the picture down?"

"There's no point, everyone's already seen it." 

Nick sighed, "Well, I just wanted to call and see if you we're still up for the stream later." 

"I don't know Nick, can we just cancel and do it another time?" 

"I don't mind. Just, take a break today. I'll text you later alright?" 

"Sounds good, bye Nick." I hung up the phone and put my hands up to my face. 

I sighed, I should call him. 

George was supposed to call me this morning but he never did so, I decided to be brave and call him myself. 

But before I could, I heard a knock at the door. 

Ally jumped off my bed and ran down the stairs, I followed. 

I opened my door and was surprised when I saw Riley standing there. 

"Hey Riley! What are you doing here?" 

"You never streamed last night." 

"Huh?"

"Yesterday you told me you had a stream planned, you never streamed." 

I gulped, "My PC stopped working so we had to cancel." 

"And you didn't think to call me so we could hang out?" 

"I- I'm sorry Riles I-"

"Ava, you've been acting weird lately. I mean, you come to my house and take really long bathroom breaks, you won't tell me about this mystery boy you're seeing and now you're lying to me about streaming?"

"But, I'm not lying I-" 

"No it's whatever. Here, I came to give you this." Riley said handing me a piece of paper.

I grabbed it, "What is it?"

"My mom's having a party to celebrate George hitting 9 million, she wanted to invite you."