Chapter 8 - Baby you ain't going nowhere

Start from the beginning

It felt like the heavens above, whatever those may be, just blessed you. You had the best of luck to ever exist. You should buy a lottery ticket after this.

So, your plans may have been delayed, but at least you still have those plans. You just have to wait until tomorrow.

One more night, thats not too bad right?

° ° ° ° °

It was like a repeat of yesterday, only now, you were a little more cautious.

You feed the cakes and set them to play, but you waited an extra hour or so. You had to be 100% sure you wouldnt get interrupted.

You made sure you were ready, bringing one of the sharpest toys you could find, just in case. You also had the flower. You felt bad, tje cakes were innocent, but they grew up to be heartless, you had to take the flower.

Finally, it felt like it was around noon, it had to be safe now.

You buzzed the button and waited.

You buzzed it 2 more times just to be extra sure, and he didnt respond.

Good.

You walked over to the box, with the sharp toy in one hand, and the metal one to finish off the brick, in the other hand.

You gently scoot the box out of the way with your foot, and you felt your soul leave your body.

It was gone, all of your work, all the hours spent chipoing away at the bricks, just a cement filled brick cavity.

"You didnt think I was that stupid, did you sweetheart?" You knew that voice.

You didnt want to turn around, you just dropped the toys. It was gone. Your hope was gone, your only way out was gone.

"Do face me when Im speaking to you"

You turn around to look him the eyes. He had this smug look on his face.

"I knew from the second you walked in here. You were looking for a way out. And you were so close, except, uh oh, I didnt always leave the office. I saw everything." He condescendingly told you, like he was the smartest person in the world.

"I liked you, I wanted to give you a chance, I thought for a second maybe you actually liked the cakes, that you liked us" there was a hint of sadness in his voice, but it was covered by his cocky attitude.

"But alas, it seems you have chosen. You can spend the rest of your time in a cell. One of MY cells" he grabbs your arm, and you simply let him.

The fire inside of you was gone, you were only digging yourself into a bigger problem, literally.

A few of the cakes were following behind, the young cakes. They were confused, there was a hurt in their eyes, but they didnt understand. They kept reaching out for you as you were dragged away by Red Velvet.

He dragged you down some stairs, before ending up at a cell. There was only a door, no bars on this one. He opened the cell and without even having to move you, you just walked in.

It was barren, nothing but a sad blanket on the floor. That was Ironic.

"Its people like you that drive me to keep fighting for a better world for the cakes. Selfish people" he says, before shutting the door and locking it.

You sat on the floor next to the blanket, before laying down. It was cold, and lonelier then before.

This was the first time where you felt like there was no point. You werent getting out. Even if the war ends and your side wins, they'd kill you before ever considering letting you out.

Outside the cell, you could hear the squeaks of the cakes, they were trying to get in. They began trying to break the door, before settling on trying the small window of space at the top of the door.

They kept gathering, more and more squeaking, before you saw the very top of a cakes head. They climbed eachother, and then using that same blanket you fixed, would pull eachother up and over the door.

Once inside, they all gathered around you, just sitting or laying next you. Not sleeping, just sitting there in silence.

You weakly smiled at them, lifting your arm to gently pet them.

"Im sorry little cakes"

They all got in, and were all snuggled next to you, making the very cold cell slightly warmer.

One by one, they all fell asleep, just leaving you awake. You couldnt sleep, you couldnt anything. You were burnt out.

The cakes made an almost purring sound as they slept, they all seemed so clueless as to what happened.

Maybe you misjudged them, or at least, these cakes. They were different from the ones Madeliene had to fight, these ones had a heart. They were sweet, even when you felt like you didnt deserve their loyalty.

You closed your eyes, hoping the sweet taste of sleep would take you away, or maybe even farther, the hands of death.

° ° ° ° °

"If I were a brave and smart cookie, which I totally am", Custard pasued, looking both directions, "I would go this way" he pointed himself in the direction of a darker path.

The trees seemed to get dense here, but he didnt mind much, there was parts of the forest that were spookier.

It had been quite a while since he had left, and so far no one had found him. He also didnt find Y/n, though, so he wasnt done yet.

Meanwhile ° ° °

"I mean, like father like son, right?" Knight cookie hit Chili Pepper cookie on the head with his sword, "Dont make those kinds of jokes, he could be anywhere. He himself is a very big target, he himself is a big target, THEY are looking for more healer cookies"

Madeliene gets his sugar horse, strapping on one bag.

"Everyone else is safe right?" He asks Chili, who nods.

"Alright, Im going to go find him, and if Im lucky, Y/n too" he rides off past the gate, leaving Chili and Knight with a cloud of dust.

"I hate to say it, but I hope the poor kid is alright" Chili sighs.